Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic V)
    But it's an extremely weak force - eg a magnet can defeat the gravity of earth. The question scientists have asked for some time is why. M-theory postulates that gravity has a particular string that means it can pass through this universe, hence why it's so weak. You know that huge atomic testing place they're building in France? One of its goals is to catch the moment this happens. I'm not making this up, kid - read some books on M-theory. Failing that, read a Horizon transcript on one of their programs on M-theory.
    and what level of physics are you studying then?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, you're not placed higher than King's - that's the entire point why you're backing off of the topic, looser boy.
    a) Learn to spell

b) I think you'll find that KCL only beats Bath in the crappy Guardian rankings (generally acknowledged as being the least reliable).

ReputationRep:
    No - the much celebrated Gnostic University League Table kicks Bath's ass. And I think you're forgetting what Marcus Aurelius said about typos, you little **** head.
    you two are pathetic, argueing about league tables. Does it really matter.

ReputationRep:
    No - the much celebrated Gnostic University League Table kicks Bath's ass. And I think you're forgetting what Marcus Aurelius said about typos, you little **** head.
    Oh right. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    you two are pathetic, argueing about league tables. Does it really matter.
    nah.

ReputationRep:
    we cannot travel at the speed of light, it is impossible. As you near the speed of light your mass increases exponentially, meaning more energy is needed to sustain that same speed.
    As you speak, people are trying to disprove einstein's theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    I find it very funny how you can come here and quote this stuff. How do you know this for sure? Have you researched it yourself?

Up to what level have you studied Physics??
    They teach it in the second year of a level physic but they certainly don't explain it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    As you speak, people are trying to disprove einstein's theory.
    They may be trying, but they have not yet done so. Once the laws of relativity have been disproved, then I shall re-evaluate the evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    The balloon analogy isn't very good because the galaxies themselves are moving as well (not just the universe expanding and dragging them along). Also, not all galaxies are moving away, some are moving towards us (eg. Andromeda).
    See, that's why I said don't chase me up on that. I can't remember half of the things I learnt in Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayban)
    I was just thinking about this over the past couple o days lol.

Somewhere somehow, everything has to end.
    Time has to end; dunno about 'everything' though.
    it just cant b possible everything goes on forever, it has to end somewhere.
    Sounds about right.
    but where something ends, something starts :confused:
    Not really.
    I Think i remember someone once saying that if you travel in a straight line long enough you would end up in the same place.
    I guess that depends on just how straight that straight line is.
    Wouldnt this be time travel?
    Er, no.

ReputationRep:
    They may be trying, but they have not yet done so. Once the laws of relativity have been disproved, then I shall re-evaluate the evidence.
    Well Einstein disproved Newton's laws of motion with the idea that you can't travel faster than c. However he made a load of assumptions too, so someone will disprove him

ReputationRep:
    Quiet you little ******.
    dont u have anything better to do that sit and insult everyone on this forum?

ReputationRep:
    Quiet you little ******.
    I am not the one who is argueing about some stupid league table.

ReputationRep:
    A dont think I need to take any comments from a person who comes from a country that got invaded by TURKEY (sniggers).
    gee u think u know everything?
    dont u have anything better to say?

ReputationRep:
    There is a higher probability of you getting a job after you graduate than that happening, mate.
    Hmm... logic dictates otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    A dont think I need to take any comments from a person who comes from a country that got invaded by TURKEY (sniggers).
    em, excuse me, we got invaded by the french, remember that.

ReputationRep:
    Irrelevent.

Anway, Bigcnee started it.
    oh he started it did he? how old are we? 5?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, that's my phrase! You little thief. That phrase is precious to me.
    hmm get over it!

ReputationRep:
    Um...when? I recall us letting a Norman become King, but I don't recall reading about a French invasion...
    normans come from normandy, which is in france. We also were invaded by the vikings and the romans, so we are not really as impervious as you might think.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, that's my phrase! You little thief. That phrase is precious to me.
    You stole it from somewhere else.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.