Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic V)
    You're an arab?
    flashes her delightful smile and says "yes"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    if UKL is a dump, why may I ask are you still posting?
    UCL is University College London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Yes. Well, you are beautiful, but for Gnostic to admit a positive attribute to anything non-LSE/KCL/Self related is rare.
    got ya!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like someone’s got dyslexia.
    and are you going to make fun of me because of it? maybe I should give you some more ammunition, I also have autism and dyspraxia.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps even I can err – from time to time. If there is one thing I know it is that nothing so naturally fine-looking can be bad – so perhaps my views on Arabs could do with some fine-tuning.
    ye well i think it could too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by risk-is-good)
    UCL is University College London.
    ah, that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    That did cross the line - I did not know you suffer from those conditions. I apologise.

(can a god err twice a day?)
    gee i guess?

ReputationRep:
    That did cross the line - I did not know you suffer from those conditions. I apologise.

apology accepted, filed and written off my tax return.

ReputationRep:
    Not likely, but Gnostic can, when he's not vomitting that is - for Gnostic is sick of self love.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it is I'm disturbed by kriztinae's effect on me of showing that I can be wrong - I'm going to have a shower and read some Nietzsche in my garden - cherio, for now.
    Haha, till next time.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it is I'm disturbed by kriztinae's effect on me of showing that I can be wrong - I'm going to have a shower and read some Nietzsche in my garden - cherio, for now.
    dont u just love it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayban)
    Because when you go in a straight line on the earth your not actually going in a straight line, your curving around with the earth...
    The same with space. Why do you think light appears to travel in curves, when we know light travels along the fastest route possible?

By the way, scientists recently firgured the length of the universe, I think something like 156 billion light years across.

But wait, the universe is only 13.7 billion years old, how can anything travel faster than the speed of light?! It doesn't... space itself, the medium that light travels on, is expanding, like someone running on a conveyer belt when everyone else is walking. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    The same with space. Why do you think light appears to travel in curves, when we know light travels along the fastest route possible?

By the way, scientists recently firgured the length of the universe, I think something like 156 billion light years across.

But wait, the universe is only 13.7 billion years old, how can anything travel faster than the speed of light?! It doesn't... space itself, the medium that light travels on, is expanding, like someone running on a conveyer belt when everyone else is walking. :cool:
    :eek:!! how did they calculate the length of teh universe?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    finally this conversation is back to where it started! the universe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)

but you are assuming that the universe is spherical, it has been suggested that to universe is actually doughnut shaped.

ReputationRep:
    I wish Gnostic would tell me I'm beautiful more often. However, he prefers the treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen method with me...but who says I'm complaining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    it is an estimate based on red shift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    finally this conversation is back to where it started! the universe!
    I think it's because we momentarily left our universe and entered orbit around the one they call Gnostic - so self-centred!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayB)
    it is an estimate based on red shift
    and if the universe was shrinking, they would know using blueshift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I think it's because we momentarily left our universe and entered orbit around the one they call Gnostic - so self-centred!
    ha thats a good one!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.