Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Universe watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic V)
    I've decided to forsake my date with Nietzsche in the garden as its got a little cloudy now.

If I am a planet outside this universe, then there are no prizes for guessing who here is the heavenly paradise (not you Bigcnee – you’re in strange parallel universe where Bath is a respected university).
    Awwwww...thank you Gnostic. You can be soo sweet at times!!!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=
    If I am a planet outside this universe, then there are no prizes for guessing who here is the heavenly paradise (not you Bigcnee – you’re in strange parallel universe where Bath is a respected university).[/QUOTE]

huh?

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to forsake my date with Nietzsche in the garden as its got a little cloudy now.

If I am a planet outside this universe, then there are no prizes for guessing who here is the heavenly paradise (not you Bigcnee – you’re in strange parallel universe where Bath is a respected university).
    Haha, it sounds positively dystopic to me.

ReputationRep:
    My patience with you is wearing very thin, kingslaw - be careful lest in October I walk the short distance from Houghton Street to the Strand to give you a good thrashing.
    I've never said no to a good thrashing!!!

LOL! This is soooo much fun!!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I should be lucky that I didn't type "spanking" as I originally intended.
    Hey, you can do whatever you want to me!

ReputationRep:
    My patience with you is wearing very thin, kingslaw - be careful lest in October I walk the short distance from Houghton Street to the Strand to give you a good thrashing.
    Gnostic, are you sure about that? I mean, surely it would be very hard to forsake the sacred ground of Houghton St. and step into that god-forbidden place on the Strand?

A tip for if you do - wear a rather decrepit pair of shoes, for you are bound to sully your soles on the walk.

ReputationRep:
    You forget, I was once at the Strand...
    You have gone down in my estimation.

ReputationRep:
    I see with have shifted orbit again.

ReputationRep:
    you're the first on my ignore list, pal
    I think I deserve some sort of prize. Gnostic is notorious for being one of the most obnoxious, intentionally annoying pricks on this forum. After embarking on a carefully crafted plan (or not) to find is weak spot, I have finally done. I have annoyed him so much I am on his ignore list! WOO!!!!!!

A taste of his own medicine I believe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    but you are assuming that the universe is spherical, it has been suggested that to universe is actually doughnut shaped.
    What a silly sounding suggestion! If you dropped some paint on the floor it would go in a circle... that's why I'd think it would go in a sphere shape. But I can't rule anything out. As far as I know it could look like a donkey.

Also another interesting thing:

A while ago it was found that galaxies further away were travelling faster. So theoretically ones so far away would travel at greater than the speed of light and we would not see them because they would be emitting light in one direction at a slower speed than they are travelling in the other... I think this is sort of like throwing a ball at 10m/s backwards off a train leaving a station travelling at 20m/s forward. The ball does not return to the station, just carries on in the direction of the train!

ReputationRep:
    The KCL Law School is far more distinguished than the university in general - see the many posts on that topic.
    Now, now Gnostic, I'm fully up to speed with this debate. Afterall, I don't dispute KCL's credentials for a minute, I just wouldn't want to be in the KCL Law Dept. on a rainy day.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes it gets flooded. But so does Venice.
    Listening to you, a less discerning individual could be hoodwinked into believing that the KCL law department was listed in every European tourist's guide, along with Paris and, latterly, Venice.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I did see KCL in a tourist guide to London once...
    Good to see you buy guides with a "What to avoid" section, as guides can be rather one-way these days.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I bothering. Someone makes an interesting topic and these selfish people come along and hijack it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Why am I bothering. Someone makes an interesting topic and these selfish people come along and hijack it!
    Oh do stop moaning, we're having a far more enterprising debate on this topic than 'The Universe' could ever dare to match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Oh do stop moaning, we're having a far more enterprising debate on this topic than 'The Universe' could ever dare to match.
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    **** face is back I see.
    now now boys - dont scrap

(there is way too much testosterone hanging round this thread!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayB)
    now now boys - dont scrap

(there is way too much testosterone hanging round this thread!)
    I could take him.

ReputationRep:
    **** face is back I see.
    And with renewed vigour. We've all got the bit between the teeth now Gnostic, you may have to Nietschze in the not so distant future!

ReputationRep:
    lol- i can tell someones brain has begun to wonder away from revision and onto "big issues"!!! Good luck finding the answer!

Lou
    xxxx

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.