PizzaMyHeart
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'll be off to medical school this September (hopefully!) and I just finished my A-Levels. Which means I have roughly 3 months on my hands. Any ideas on what I should do during these 3 months? I've binged on TV for the past few weeks and now I feel sick to the stomach, haha.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PizzaMyHeart)
I'll be off to medical school this September (hopefully!) and I just finished my A-Levels. Which means I have roughly 3 months on my hands. Any ideas on what I should do during these 3 months? I've binged on TV for the past few weeks and now I feel sick to the stomach, haha.
Spend lots of time with your friends/family, get a job, get drunk a lot, watch new TV shows, read new books, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat. You won't get this much "no strings attached" free time ever again.
PizzaMyHeart
Rep:
?
(Original post by Democracy)
Spend lots of time with your friends/family, get a job, get drunk a lot, watch new TV shows, read new books, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat. You won't get this much "no strings attached" free time ever again.
Any recommendations in particular?
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can recommend looking at one of those '1001 books to read before you die' type lists and seeing what strikes you from that. There tends to be a variety of styles and periods in them so if you like period classics then you can go for those, or if you like postcolonial lit you can go for that, etc.

Some completely random recommendations from me:

Cloud Atlas and The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
Anything by Chuck Palahniuk
PizzaMyHeart
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ronove)
I can recommend looking at one of those '1001 books to read before you die' type lists and seeing what strikes you from that. There tends to be a variety of styles and periods in them so if you like period classics then you can go for those, or if you like postcolonial lit you can go for that, etc.

Some completely random recommendations from me:

Cloud Atlas and The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
Anything by Chuck Palahniuk
Ah thanks! Cloud Atlas is great, love it.
username1234032
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get a job then travel/backpackmwith the money you've earned
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
House of God
yabbayabba
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Enjoy yourself as much as possible as it's constant work for the next 10-15 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
PizzaMyHeart
Rep:
?
(Original post by yabbayabba)
Enjoy yourself as much as possible as it's constant work for the next 10-15 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by Ambrosia_angel)
Get a job then travel/backpackmwith the money you've earned
(Original post by Etomidate)
House of God
(Original post by yabbayabba)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the suggestions and advice!
RagaZ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just finished my exams today and am already lost as to what to do. I spent a good hour just aimlessly walking around my house. Now I have the 3/4month wait till uni (hopefully). Still lost as to what to do, probs try and get a job

Posted from TSR Mobile
PizzaMyHeart
Rep:
?
(Original post by RagaZ)
I just finished my exams today and am already lost as to what to do. I spent a good hour just aimlessly walking around my house. Now I have the 3/4month wait till uni (hopefully). Still lost as to what to do, probs try and get a job

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know exactly how that feels haha! It's like months of pressure suddenly gone and you start having an existential discussion with yourself. I've decided to learn as much of French as I can over summer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (587)
34.13%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (710)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (344)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.59%

Watched Threads