Psychology Research Methods Watch

Rebecca_F
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have my psychology research methods paper tomorrow and I'm doing it with OCR but we've hardly spent any lessons on it and it is worth 50% of our grade apparently. I would like to get an A in the summer and I got a high B last year but I'm concerned in case I do badly in this exam!
does anyone have any advice on how best to prepare?
Davalla
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rebecca_F)
I have my psychology research methods paper tomorrow and I'm doing it with OCR but we've hardly spent any lessons on it and it is worth 50% of our grade apparently. I would like to get an A in the summer and I got a high B last year but I'm concerned in case I do badly in this exam!
does anyone have any advice on how best to prepare?
You should have a good idea of the content from the Research Methods unit that you may have done in AS, so recap from those notes- some of the stuff you learnt last year would still be relevant this year, but you should now primarily focus on statistical tests I assume [depending on your examination board's specification].

If you're looking for material, this thread has a bit of vague information on potential sources:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3398887
TheBeastHunter_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing OCR too, and luckily for us it is very similar to the investigations paper last year! There are only a few extra things on the specification and that's choosing an appropriate statistical test and the probability of chance factors.

I'm gong through past papers from last year creating plans etc. (You can get them on the OCR website!) But the best way for me is talking to myself! I'll tell myself everything I need to know and remember. But, you can do spider diagrams on designs, experiment, observation, correlations, self-report, hypothesis, and the approaches.

But defiantly look at past papers, that's how you'll best be prepared!
issy_246
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,I'm doing an assignment on statistics and I want to know whether independent t-test is a reliable method to compare significant difference but I want to know why it is and also what are the possible limitations of t-test.
Please desperate help!!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.32%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.92%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.08%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.52%
No (254)
71.15%

Watched Threads