The Student Room Group

So close. ...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ckfeister
I only did Maths this year, doing the other ones in the next 2 years (homeschool) as all of the schools around here are like ofsed rated 3 and 4s no 2s or 1s so I control when I do them, when to revise and when to study :biggrin:

If only...u know how much drama i had 2 deal with this year...😬. Could have saved me some peace of mind. So at what time r u usually homeschooled? In the afternoon or do u wake up like you would for school?
(edited 8 years ago)
I only did Maths this year, doing the other ones in the next 2 years (homeschool) as all of the schools around here are like ofsed rated 3 and 4s no 2s or 1s so I control when I do them, when to revise and when to study :biggrin:

So how many r u gonna do next year?
Original post by Den987
Haha, its kind of hard 2 explain. Each chapter 7 is the same as 3 chapters and u get 3 literacy questions each. This happens for chemistry, biology and physics.

Biology:biological engineering, make-up of the heart, body temperature, etc...
Chemistry: easters, carboxylic acids, making ethanol...
Physics : astronomy, gas behaviour, life cycle of stars, etc...

There are many more but those are some examples.

Oooh. Literacy questions.Never had any of those o.o
Original post by Den987
Wait...so how many subjects do u do/are gonna be tested on?

GCSE Edexcel Maths (This year) (Expecting B due to College failure of teaching me NEW GCSE not old,found out in Febuary when I tested myself didn't improve at all and had to self-study to push from low C to A in 2 months! Got on A boarder going to get A on 2nd paper but B on other (top B) I predict)
Edexcel AS-Level Maths (2018) A (C1,C2,M1)
Edexcel A2-Level Maths (2019) A* (C3,C4,M2)
Edexcel AS-Level Further Maths (2018) A (FP1,S1,D1)
Edexcel A2-Level Further Maths (2019) A (FP2,M3,M4)

IGCSE CIE Physics (2017) A*
IGCSE CIE Chemistry (2017) A*
AS-Level Physics (2018) A
A2-Level Physics (2019) A*
AS-Level Government and Politics (2018) easy A

GCSE AQA History (B) A* (2016)
IGCSE CIE ICT A (2017)
GCSE Edexcel Chinese A (2016)
GCSE English B/A (guessing because of what college did this year)(2016)

Hoping to get
GCSE; 3A* 2A 2B (self studying no tutor so to me thats good)
AS-Level; AAAA
A2-Level; A*A*A

Around my area average A-Level grades are like DDE... so I'm glad I'm not at colleges....

Want to study MPhy at university of...
Cambridge ; A*A*A
Kent; ABB
Imperial London College; A*A*A
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RiahDawson
Oooh. Literacy questions.Never had any of those o.o

If only ...😧
Original post by Den987
If only ...😧

That's crazy xD. Did you still do coursework? Worth 25% ?
GCSE Edexcel Maths (This year) (Expecting B due to College failure of teaching me NEW GCSE not old,found out in Febuary when I tested myself didn't improve at all and had to self-study to push from low C to A in 2 months! Got on A boarder going to get A on 2nd paper but B on other (top B) I predict)
Edexcel AS-Level Maths (2018) A (C1,C2,M1)
Edexcel A2-Level Maths (2019) A* (C3,C4,M2)
Edexcel AS-Level Further Maths (2018) A (FP1,S1,D1)
Edexcel A2-Level Further Maths (2019) A (FP2,M3,M4)

IGCSE CIE Physics (2017) A*
IGCSE CIE Chemistry (2017) A*
AS-Level Physics (2018) A
A2-Level Physics (2019) A*
AS-Level Government and Politics (2018) easy A

GCSE AQA History (B) A* (2016)
IGCSE CIE ICT A (2017)
GCSE Edexcel Chinese A (2016)
GCSE English B/A (guessing because of what college did this year)(2016)

Hoping to get
GCSE; 3A* 2A 2B (self studying no tutor so to me thats good)
AS-Level; AAAA
A2-Level; A*A*A

Around my area average A-Level grades are like DDE... so I'm glad I'm not at colleges....

Want to study MPhy at university of...
Cambridge ; A*A*A
Kent; ABB
Imperial London College; A*A*A

(Please tell me u copied and pasted all of that)...well.....haha....uhh....so firstly r u doing GCSE or A-level, secondly what do u want 2 become in the future, cuz u seem 2 be doing pretty well so far😂.
That's crazy xD. Did you still do coursework? Worth 25% ?

Yes we did. I got 1 off an A in Biology and 2 A*'s for Chemistry and Physics.
Original post by Den987
2 left. Module 7 chemistry on Wednesday (gonna be my funeral)and Module 7 Physics on Friday.

O_o
Original post by Den987
Yes we did. I got 1 off an A in Biology and 2 A*'s for Chemistry and Physics.

Oh.. So why they make you do "7" is really a mystery. I have A* in all 3. I was good at the coursework somehow. :biggrin:
Original post by Den987
(Please tell me u copied and pasted all of that)...well.....haha....uhh....so firstly r u doing GCSE or A-level, secondly what do u want 2 become in the future, cuz u seem 2 be doing pretty well so far😂.

ofc I did
Original post by Den987

I put (I)GCSE/AS/A2-Level before the subject

I want to become something with astornomy.... what got me into Science in the first place was space so that must be what I want to do.
Oh.. So why they make you do "7" is really a mystery. I have A* in all 3. I was good at the coursework somehow. :biggrin:

Well say its Chemistry, u get :

25% for C1 C2 C3
25% for C4 C5 C6
25% for C7
25% for coursework

And u get a qualification for each science that u do (chemistry, physics and biology). For each module u get a literacy question (6 mark questions) so 3 per paper, with the exception of the 7's were u get 3 anyway even though there are not 3 chapters in the paper , cuz its so big.

The 7's are what they call the "beginning of A-level", which makes me dread what chemistry is gonna be like.😧😧😧
I put (I)GCSE/AS/A2-Level before the subject

I want to become something with astornomy.... what got me into Science in the first place was space so that must be what I want to do.

⭐🌟⭐✨❇🌠ohhh, i see. When did u first start getting intersted in astronomy?
Original post by Den987
Well say its Chemistry, u get :

25% for C1 C2 C3
25% for C4 C5 C6
25% for C7
25% for coursework

And u get a qualification for each science that u do (chemistry, physics and biology). For each module u get a literacy question (6 mark questions) so 3 per paper, with the exception of the 7's were u get 3 anyway even though there are not 3 chapters in the paper , cuz its so big.

The 7's are what they call the "beginning of A-level", which makes me dread what chemistry is gonna be like.😧😧😧

For us it's like 25% coursework and the other 75% shared over 2 exams. c1,2,3 for one exam and c456 with SECTION D. 2nd one worth more because of section d. Which is calculations. You're doing a level chemistry? Same. I'm also doing biology physics and maths.
For us it's like 25% coursework and the other 75% shared over 2 exams. c1,2,3 for one exam and c456 with SECTION D. 2nd one worth more because of section d. Which is calculations. You're doing a level chemistry? Same. I'm also doing biology physics and maths.

For us we r only allowed 2 do 3 A-levels. So I'm doing chemistry, biology and maths.
Original post by Den987
For us we r only allowed 2 do 3 A-levels. So I'm doing chemistry, biology and maths.

Ooh. I could do further maths as well (decided against it as too much work) and we also have to do "general studies " as it's compulsory in the sixth form I'm going to.
Original post by Den987
⭐🌟⭐✨❇🌠ohhh, i see. When did u first start getting intersted in astronomy?

After state school I went to homeschool and I did Triple Science and other GCSEs but dropped Biology because it was just writing and no imagery zzzzzzz, I randomly got interested a lot more in physics then chemistry even though I liked chemistry, I always look up at the sky and think " Hmm, religions believe in gods and physicist are still trying to find out where we come from... isn't it about time reality came into developement and close the gap between physics and religions " and I find physics so easy like I could imagine anything and get done in 5 minutes, but when it comes to astronomy I can't seem to stop reading it so I guess I like it eh.

I think these " gods " do excist and they are just people who found us when we was evolving, don't forget we been here for over 400,000 years (lastest discovery of earliest human violence), maybe they left us with these " rules " so we behave and develop? Who knows!
Ooh. I could do further maths as well (decided against it as too much work) and we also have to do "general studies " as it's compulsory in the sixth form I'm going to.

We have further math, but u have 2 get quite a high gcse , either high A or A*. Probably A*.
After state school I went to homeschool and I did Triple Science and other GCSEs but dropped Biology because it was just writing and no imagery zzzzzzz, I randomly got interested a lot more in physics then chemistry even though I liked chemistry, I always look up at the sky and think " Hmm, religions believe in gods and physicist are still trying to find out where we come from... isn't it about time reality came into developement and close the gap between physics and religions " and I find physics so easy like I could imagine anything and get done in 5 minutes, but when it comes to astronomy I can't seem to stop reading it so I guess I like it eh.

I think these " gods " do excist and they are just people who found us when we was evolving, don't forget we been here for over 400,000 years (lastest discovery of earliest human violence), maybe they left us with these " rules " so we behave and develop? Who knows!

Don't know. Say, do u believe in the fact that governments have certain extraterrestrial information hidden from us?

Quick Reply

Latest