Is psychology, law, english lit and biology respected A-levels by universities?

Watch
pickles123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am thinking about what A levels to take and was thinking about psychology, law, biology and English lit, would this be too much work? and are these respected a levels by universities as I really want to go to uni!
All-rounder
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Law, biology and English lit most certainly are as theyre all a lot of work and Lit and Biology are traditional subjects. Psychology is commonly believed to be a 'soft-subject' but from what ive heard from friends its not exactly as easy as people make it out to be.

Unless youre going for a specific course that requires you do a certain A-Level, dont worry about what you pick because they wont discriminate. i.e. to do Law at Uni you dont need specific A-Levels, just good results, and as someone who has spent the past 2 years doing AQA Law and English Literature, they're both an incredible amount of work.
Maybe don't pick so many difficult subjects unless you're very good at all and enjoy all, otherwise I'd at least pick one or two things that are a bit easier to help get higher grades.

(just an added note, for some reason Uni's prefer Law from the AQA spec and I've been told it wont be as respected if its from a different exam board. Though im not certain if that point is valid, it's just what ive been told over the past few years.)

Hope this helps
Tsrsarah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biology and eng lit a re definitely loved by unis as they are considered traditional hard subjects. Idk if law is as respected tho, especially if you wanted to do a law degree a lot of unis prefer you not to have law as an A level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (357)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (279)
43.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed