Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Figured I'd start this thread as I can't find one yet and the exam is soon approaching.
    If anyone has any input on what's expected or predicted to come up on the exam please let us know, and I'm sure any help for responses would be much appreciated by many.

As it stands I believe Medical Negligence is almost certain to be on the paper because it was the only tort not to be on either scenario last year, and prior to last year it had been on the paper every year in at least 1 scenario.

Edit: Also, would it be reasonable to only revise Fault and Judicial Creativity for the essays as it's pretty unlikely that the same three as last year would come up again?

ReputationRep:
    I 99% certain Fault and Judicial Creativity will come up along with Justice. I think morality is a no no and forget balancing conflicting interests. Ideally I personally think you're safe in just revising Fault and Judicial as that is what I'm doing haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tari1997)
    I 99% certain Fault and Judicial Creativity will come up along with Justice. I think morality is a no no and forget balancing conflicting interests. Ideally I personally think you're safe in just revising Fault and Judicial as that is what I'm doing haha
    That's certainly good to hear from someone else haha
    I thought the same about Morality, because its came up the past 2 years already but our college has taught us it anyway instead of Justice which seems to come up quite commonly!
    The only time where they haven't covered an essay they left out the previous year was 2010-11 so hopefully they don't feel like repeating themselves.

In your opinion, (if you've already gone over them) which do you find easier between Fault and Judicial Creativity?

ReputationRep:
    I'm just studying judicial creativity, fault and maybe morality, but not the other too! i think fault is the easiest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All-rounder)
    That's certainly good to hear from someone else haha
    I thought the same about Morality, because its came up the past 2 years already but our college has taught us it anyway instead of Justice which seems to come up quite commonly!
    The only time where they haven't covered an essay they left out the previous year was 2010-11 so hopefully they don't feel like repeating themselves.

In your opinion, (if you've already gone over them) which do you find easier between Fault and Judicial Creativity?
    personally I find Judicial creativity easier because my class didn't even go over fault in depth, my teacher seemed to love judicial creativity so I'm definitely more confident with an essay on Judicial but I do think fault is easiest to grasp

ReputationRep:
    personally I find Judicial creativity easier because my class didn't even go over fault in depth, my teacher seemed to love judicial creativity so I'm definitely more confident with an essay on Judicial but I do think fault is easiest to grasp
    (Original post by stefaniemich96)
    I'm just studying judicial creativity, fault and maybe morality, but not the other too! i think fault is the easiest
    Everyone seems to favour Fault the most haha I prefer Judicial creativity tbf, not sure why though

Also, many people at my college cant manage both OLA and Economic Loss and so are choosing to ignore one and go with the other scenario if one comes up. Ether of you in that position and if so, which would you go for?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to favour Fault the most haha I prefer Judicial creativity tbf, not sure why though

Also, many people at my college cant manage both OLA and Economic Loss and so are choosing to ignore one and go with the other scenario if one comes up. Ether of you in that position and if so, which would you go for?
    aw I'm doing Offences Against the property

ReputationRep:
    aw I'm doing Offences Against the property
    Offences against the property? Is that Rylands v Fletcher and Nuisance?...

ReputationRep:
    Offences against the property? Is that Rylands v Fletcher and Nuisance?...
    no I mean you're doing the tort unit right? my class is doing the other one, Criminal Law (Offences Against Property)

ReputationRep:
    no I mean you're doing the tort unit right? my class is doing the other one, Criminal Law (Offences Against Property)
    Oh, I get what you mean, isn't that one supposed to be really dull?
    We're only doing Negligence because its easier to teach and it builds from what we were learning about last year

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I get what you mean, isn't that one supposed to be really dull?
    We're only doing Negligence because its easier to teach and it builds from what we were learning about last year
    some aspects are alright, I dont mind it too much

ReputationRep:
    some aspects are alright, I dont mind it too much
    Tbh honest I'd have rather done that than have to face Occupiers Liability Acts 1957 and 1984, or Economic Loss, they're just too difficult :/

ReputationRep:
    What should I revise for unit 4?
    I'm doing the Tort section....

ReputationRep:
    I'll post this again:

I have a question about being concise..

Instead of saying

"Under s3, the D must appropriate the property which includes "any assumption of the rights of the owner". Therefore, by throwing the phone, the defendant assumed any of the rights of the owner and therefore satisfied this part of the actus reus."

Could you say

"The D appropriated the phone under s3 by throwing it and therefore "assumed any rights of the owner"

What is the line between being concise and lacking detail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebek369)
    I'll post this again:

I have a question about being concise..

Instead of saying

"Under s3, the D must appropriate the property which includes "any assumption of the rights of the owner". Therefore, by throwing the phone, the defendant assumed any of the rights of the owner and therefore satisfied this part of the actus reus."

Could you say

"The D appropriated the phone under s3 by throwing it and therefore "assumed any rights of the owner"

What is the line between being concise and lacking detail?
    Your summation of the previous sentence seems to be entirely application, whereas you need quite a bit of information in there that isnt just 'he did that, he did this'. It is shorter and quicker to write but I'm pretty sure the way you write gets marks too, and the first sentence already seems pretty concise as it is. Probably better to just stick with it and take the extra 10 seconds necessary to write it all out

ReputationRep:
    Your summation of the previous sentence seems to be entirely application, whereas you need quite a bit of information in there that isnt just 'he did that, he did this'. It is shorter and quicker to write but I'm pretty sure the way you write gets marks too, and the first sentence already seems pretty concise as it is. Probably better to just stick with it and take the extra 10 seconds necessary to write it all out
    Considering sometimes they stick in like 4 offences and 2 defences, will you really have enough time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyfloss_1)
    What should I revise for unit 4?
    I'm doing the Tort section....
    Basically everything as most of the time all of it is on the paper, although last year they left out medical negligence so that'll most likely be on this year.
    If you leave a section out you'll be forced to do the scenario that doesn't include it and if you're stronger on the stuff in the scenario you cant o then youre grade will reflect your knowledge poorly :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebek369)
    Considering sometimes they stick in like 4 offences and 2 defences, will you really have enough time?
    Not too sure, by the sound of it you're doing property whereas I do tort but the principle of trying to include as much detail as possible still stands to help gain marks. Last year every 5 marks was a grade so it's important to pick up as many marks as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Basically everything as most of the time all of it is on the paper, although last year they left out medical negligence so that'll most likely be on this year.
    If you leave a section out you'll be forced to do the scenario that doesn't include it and if you're stronger on the stuff in the scenario you cant o then youre grade will reflect your knowledge poorly :/
    Thanks!
    Can you list the topics I will need to revise please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyfloss_1)
    Thanks!
    Can you list the topics I will need to revise please
    Erm, Definitely Medical Negligence, Occupiers Liability ACT 1957 & 1984, and Economic Loss.
    Then after them I'd focus on Vicarious Liability, Nuisance, Rylands v Fletcher, and Nervous Shock.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 9, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.