The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway GCSE Physics B P4,P5,P6 (17th June 2015)

Any predictions for the main topic that will come up? And are there any shortened resources that include the whole spec cos I just started revising and need shortened notes..

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm looking for any past papers and mark schemes aswell... I have done the 2013 paper and that is the only one I can find....
Reply 2
I am literally so scared for this exam! I have never revised P6!!! And I'm just so confused rn!😩😩
Reply 3
Original post by G2S
Any predictions for the main topic that will come up? And are there any shortened resources that include the whole spec cos I just started revising and need shortened notes..

Basically same!😩 and I hate P6!
I'm kind of... 'ducked' for this exam. I really don't want to fail though, because I think I've already done pretty badly in music and further maths. And also because it would be nice to have a GCSE in physics.
We didn't really cover these units for long either. I don't want to fail.. :cry2:

Its been nice knowing you guys.
How can I make sure I can get a B in an hour of revision? :redface:
I can't motivate myself to revise for this exam because it's my very last and i'm just sick of exams. I'm also really tired. I hardly understand any of P6 plus it is so boring. I really want to get an A* in physics though. I guess i'll just read through the posters I've made and pray for a nice exam tomorrow (preferably with nothing about lenses in the P5 section)
Original post by jessyjellytot14
I can't motivate myself to revise for this exam because it's my very last and i'm just sick of exams. I'm also really tired. I hardly understand any of P6 plus it is so boring. I really want to get an A* in physics though. I guess i'll just read through the posters I've made and pray for a nice exam tomorrow (preferably with nothing about lenses in the P5 section)

What you said ^-^ feel the same way.
Original post by jessyjellytot14

Yes it is also my last exam and I'm burnt out :smile:
I hate lenses P4 P5 P6 are the most scientifically challenging out of the 3 sciences.
Going for A I'm not A* candidate worthy I'm too lazy loool.
Original post by Oceansandpearls
I'm kind of... 'ducked' for this exam. I really don't want to fail though, because I think I've already done pretty badly in music and further maths. And also because it would be nice to have a GCSE in physics.
We didn't really cover these units for long either. I don't want to fail.. :cry2:

Its been nice knowing you guys.
How can I make sure I can get a B in an hour of revision? :redface:

You need 32-35% for a C it's a easy subject to get a GCSE in.
Hopefully nothing on electricity generation comes up in P6.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I literally know nothing for p6 so im praying for p4 and 5 to be nice questions so i dont completely fail physics :bricks::crossedf::confused:
I have the exam tomorrow, I think to do well in this exam you must understand it. It's just like maths, if you don't understand the formula then your not gonna understand the question. This test is not like the other tests where they ask you what's in the book, you have to apply that knowledge to the questions.
tbh I did pretty bad in the first physics test because I didn't get to finish... But I feel more confident about this one because P6 is basically electronics if you studied that which I have.
Good luck to everyone, I still have one more after this... Gaaaaaaaah! And it's the longest one too!!!! A 2hr statistics exam wtf!!!!
Have a nice holiday anyway, relax time is soon :smile:
btw there's a good motivational video by that Shia Lebouf guy, and it's funny to, you should watch it if possible.
Original post by DaringDaniel
You need 32-35% for a C it's a easy subject to get a GCSE in.

Okay, thanks. :smile: I'm probably just catastrophizing, I should stop worrying and use my logic in the exam, and revise a section thoroughly tonight.
It kinda sucks, i'm a perfectionist, so I'd be ideally aiming for all A's. I think that that's probably slightly too idealistic though, (My targets are all A's and 2 A*s)

Good luck for tomorrow. :smile:

Edit: Also. I wouldn't say its easy. At least not for me and the majority of the other people in our school. Dx
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think any schools have finished any of the science courses, we have had to learn all the last units by ourselves :s
Good luck!
Okay, thanks. :smile: I'm probably just catastrophizing, I should stop worrying and use my logic in the exam, and revise a section thoroughly tonight.
It kinda sucks, i'm a perfectionist, so I'd be ideally aiming for all A's. I think that that's probably slightly too idealistic though, (My targets are all A's and 2 A*s)

Edit: Also. I wouldn't say its easy. At least not for me and the majority of the other people in our school. Dx

You'll need your logic for logic gates. :biggrin:
Original post by RiahDawson
You'll need your logic for logic gates. :biggrin:

I really hope they come up! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
I really hope they come up! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. They're the nice part of P6.

I know people like you who go all panicky but end up smashing it don't worry :smile:

Theres's 8 hours and 32 minutes till the exam starts! Good luck all :smile:
Fresh out the exam hall I'm confident I got over 50% at least. The prism question threw me as it was the only thing I had not really covered which was a pity also the logic gates question was awful it totally bewildered me did anyone complete the table?
That was a pretty tough exam in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending