kalixeee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm literally stuck on what to do with my life.
Like after GCSEs, I'll obviously do college but after that I don't know what to do.

I want to make sure I'm picking the right courses etc so I don't have to go back into education to do the job I want to BUT I don't even know what I want to do.

I thought about optometry but that doesn't fascinate me anymore and teaching is too hectic - the only classes I'd be willing to teach would be English or Music however I have 'stage fright' apart from when I'm performing (something musical maybe idk)

Somebody wanna recommend career choices etc?
I'm slightly shy
I have a passion for music
I'd like to do something like sciences but that's a 50/50 type of thing
Something to do with the brain/the human body?

Idk man I'm practically having an existential crisis.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kalixeee)
Like after GCSEs, I'll obviously do college but after that I don't know what to do.

I want to make sure I'm picking the right courses etc so I don't have to go back into education to do the job I want to BUT I don't even know what I want to do.

I thought about optometry but that doesn't fascinate me anymore and teaching is too hectic - the only classes I'd be willing to teach would be English or Music however I have 'stage fright' apart from when I'm performing (something musical maybe idk)

I'm slightly shy

what did you do for gcses? gives a better idea what you might be able to do at college?

There are a lot of jobs that could involve the brain or the human body really. How do you feel about going to university?
Vanilla Poison
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I'm slightly shy

I'm guessing you're in year 10 right now, so yeah you have the whole of year 11 to decide what subjects you like and want to pursue.
Take me for example, in year 10 I absolutely hated science even though I was good at it. Now I love science hahaha
kalixeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
what did you do for gcses? gives a better idea what you might be able to do at college?

There are a lot of jobs that could involve the brain or the human body really. How do you feel about going to university?
I did Music, Triple Science, Geography and French.
University is something that I'd actually quite like to do.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did Music, Triple Science, Geography and French.
University is something that I'd actually quite like to do.
Have you thought about doing maybe music, biology and chemistry as your a level options? then you ve got most things covered that you like until you pick a uni course
kalixeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Have you thought about doing maybe music, biology and chemistry as your a level options? then you ve got most things covered that you like until you pick a uni course
I was thinking of doing further maths, some sort of science and french as a level options because the course I was looking at - Computer Science - wanted that and I would actually like to carry maths on tbh
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was thinking of doing further maths, some sort of science and french as a level options because the course I was looking at - Computer Science - wanted that and I would actually like to carry maths on tbh
as long as you re really good at maths then sounds like those are good choices
taikibansei
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I had an existential crisis like you when I was in Year 11 too; honestly, teachers make it seem like this is the time to decide what you want to do with your life and though it can help, you're not under any obligations yet. I didn't realise what I truly wanted to study at uni until just a few weeks before I sent my UCAS off, whoops.
Keep looking over all the options you like the sound of, looking into both jobs and uni courses (it might be helpful to start reading up on modules offered or even go to open days to see what really captures your interest), and keep studying what you enjoy as long as the subjects fit together well and could keep your options open; the ones you said you might do seem like good choices!
Best of luck
kalixeee
Rep:
?
(Original post by taikibansei)
I had an existential crisis like you when I was in Year 11 too; honestly, teachers make it seem like this is the time to decide what you want to do with your life and though it can help, you're not under any obligations yet. I didn't realise what I truly wanted to study at uni until just a few weeks before I sent my UCAS off, whoops.
Keep looking over all the options you like the sound of, looking into both jobs and uni courses (it might be helpful to start reading up on modules offered or even go to open days to see what really captures your interest), and keep studying what you enjoy as long as the subjects fit together well and could keep your options open; the ones you said you might do seem like good choices!
Best of luck
Thank you so much, that helps me calm my mind!
Best of luck to you too for whatever you maybe doing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads