The Student Room Group

What is confidence to you?

I've been thinking a lot about this recently as my friends and I have been talking a bit about it. I wondered what the 'wider public' thought so I thought I'd ask; what is confidence to you? I'm really interested in your thoughts, so discuss away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
The ability to comfortably develop and hold conversation and small talk with people, and making them laugh, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Confidence is the ability to fully utilise your potential to succeed in situations in life, putting aside any fears, doubts or personal obstacles that you may have.

Just my opinion.
Reply 3
Accepting yourself for who you are and accepting the situation and the life you are in. Once you accept this you will easily gain confidence, but one may disagree because even though you accept yourself, you may not entirely be happy with yourself and that is pretty much a lack of confidence. I guess confidence is actually being happy with who you are and your situation too. But I lack that tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its the opposite of loud and showing off.
Something I don't have, unfortunately.
The ability to accept and be comfortable with yourself not just individually but in the presence of other people too. I think confidence is mainly just about self-esteem and your own personal image of yourself.
Confidence is being content with who you are and it normally means you're not fully aware of how you come off to others.
You can have confidence and low self worth though. Like confidence is just beneficial for the actions; self worth is regardless how you act, you know you deserve respect.
Reply 8
Original post by Man.bear.pig
Confidence is being content with who you are and it normally means you're not fully aware of how you come off to others.
You can have confidence and low self worth though. Like confidence is just beneficial for the actions; self worth is regardless how you act, you know you deserve respect.

I agree with you, I know some who come off as very confident but I know for a fact have low self worth. I guess being happy is having that balance of confidence and self worth, without either becoming too extreme either way, you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
anything that you do, which does not include 'if' in it, that's what confidence means to me. :smile:
Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...
Reply 11
Original post by Smonnie
Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

confidence is a form of being socially-invinsible, to me
for example, if they have some kind of flaw and they're open about it, almost as if it's a strength, then that's confidence
and if they are talkative and aren't scared of potentially sounding bad, that's confidence
and if they are happy, then they're probably confident

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending