The Student Room Group

Help with A2 OCR ICT coursework choice

For the A2 coursework we don't have any choice but to do database and so our teacher has told us to choose a real operating business which has a problem and we need to create a database that can solve the problems.

I don't know where to begin, like can you give me some ideas on some business that i can go visit and what their problem might be?
For e.g. i saw one which was about an opticians and the database was used to create an appointment.

so anything like that?
Original post by babitajades
For the A2 coursework we don't have any choice but to do database and so our teacher has told us to choose a real operating business which has a problem and we need to create a database that can solve the problems.

I don't know where to begin, like can you give me some ideas on some business that i can go visit and what their problem might be?
For e.g. i saw one which was about an opticians and the database was used to create an appointment.

so anything like that?

At our centre we made up the scenario and I think that this was acceptable as the Paul Long said that it was OK to do. Ask your teacher if you can do this, it saved us a hell of a lot of time.

Quick Reply

Latest