If you Fail OSCE as resit Watch

mrderpkhan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone know if I am resitting the year, but passed OSCE the first time the year previous, but fail OSCE this year. Does this mean I have no option to resit OSCE even though this is the first time I would ever fail OSCE? Any help with the question would be great, tried contacting Uni but they are taking a while for them to get back to me.
junior.doctor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the uni are the only people who can answer this for you. However, the fact that you were asked to do it at all this year, suggests to me that you need to pass THIS year. Otherwise, there would have been no point in you siting it again this year after you'd passed it last year, they wouldn't have asked you to sit it this year and would have just accepted last year's mark already. So unfortunately it certainly sounds like a resit. Normally, when people retake a whole year, they start from scratch and don't carry over any assessments they may have successfully completed the first time they sat that year. Frustrating, but clearly you managed it last year, so take heart, you can do it again - sometimes osces just go wrong on the day despite the best preparation. Best of luck.
seaholme
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends on the University but if you're re-taking the year then you may be eligible for normal re-sits as well... possibly! As in your attempt at this year is considered a blank, so if other people in your year are able to re-sit papers, you should also be able to re-sit papers. Although as I said it depends on your Uni. I sincerely doubt they'd let you use a pass from last year though, I know at mine we're not allowed to fail any element and if we fail one we must re-sit them all, so you'd never be allowed to do that.

Have some confidence though! If you passed it last year and have spent a whole year re-capping everything, you're in a good position to pass an OSCE.
Altarista
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At my medical school if you re doing resits over the summer you only have to retake the elements that you failed. Therefore if you passed the OSCE first time around you don't have to do another one, however, if you fail any element of your resits then you are given one last chance but it requires that you re-take the entire year, this includes the essays, all the exams including the OSCE. If you are re-taking the whole year and you fail any of the exams then you are out on you arse. Dunno what your med school is like, I've heard of some who give several chances and some that are two strikes and you are out. Goodluck, I am sure you will be fine and that it is just minute nerves getting the better of you before results day - happens to us all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.37%
No I am happy with my course choice (464)
58.73%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (113)
14.3%

Watched Threads