I've wrote the wrong question number, sort of... Watch

sophie.l2000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi.

I completed my French A2 paper this morning and came to realise after speaking to my class mates that I've answered the wrong question.

We studied La Haine, the film, which was relevant to questions 14 (a) and (b). However, I read questions 11 (a) and (b) and assumed without having read them properly that they referred to a film/director. It turns out that these questions were talking about the history of France, but I spoke about La Haine in response to this question.

I cannot remember the exact question, but I remember it said 'les facteurs qui ont eu le plus grand impact sur la vie des gens ordinaires' because I frequently referred to this part of the essay title in my essay.

Now, the question that I should have answered was about how the audience reacted to the work of the director I'd studied. I spoke about the themes, techniques and characters of the film.

What are people's thoughts on how well I could possibly do?
RiahDawson
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No comment... I don't do French.
sophie.l2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by RiahDawson)
No comment... I don't do French.
Great.
RiahDawson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sophie.l2000)
Great.
Sorry don't you get marks for writing IN French?
sophie.l2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by RiahDawson)
Sorry don't you get marks for writing IN French?
You can only score in the same band (or lower) as the band you're in for content.
Content is out of 25, vocab, accuracy and grammar are all out of 5. They are all split into 5 bands.
So, if I scored in the third band for content, I can only score as high as 3 in vocab, accuracy and grammar. If I scored in the fourth band for content, I can only score as high as 4.
Make sense?
aauric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I doubt that speaking about La Haine for the history of France will get you many marks as it's not a time period but if the essay was detailed enough and specifically targeted with hardly any straying from the title you could get some marks depending on the examiner, however if you wrote the words La Haine in your essay I'm sure the examiners will know you made a mistake and probably award a low band! sorry about that! I wish you luck!
RiahDawson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sophie.l2000)
You can only score in the same band (or lower) as the band you're in for content.
Content is out of 25, vocab, accuracy and grammar are all out of 5. They are all split into 5 bands.
So, if I scored in the third band for content, I can only score as high as 3 in vocab, accuracy and grammar. If I scored in the fourth band for content, I can only score as high as 4.
Make sense?
Ooh now it makes sense ! Well good luck maybe you'll get a nice examiner.
sophie.l2000
Rep:
?
(Original post by aauric)
I doubt that speaking about La Haine for the history of France will get you many marks as it's not a time period but if the essay was detailed enough and specifically targeted with hardly any straying from the title you could get some marks depending on the examiner, however if you wrote the words La Haine in your essay I'm sure the examiners will know you made a mistake and probably award a low band! sorry about that! I wish you luck!
Although this sounds a bit tedious, I'm trying to be optimistic as I don't like the thought of having wasted years of my life...

La Haine was a movie from 20 years ago (not really history, but technically...) and I mentioned riots from 1993 as they occur in the film.

Alternatively, once they saw 'La Haine', especially in my introduction, is it possible they would assume I'd wrote the wrong question number and mark it assuming it was 14 (a) or (b)?
aauric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope that they see you've written the wrong question and mark it accordingly although I'm not sure how it works! Like I said it probably depends on the examiner who marks it. If they do mark your essay by the markscheme of question 11 I hope that you're content will be good enough for you to get a good content grade because as you said the film was made 20 years ago! Hope this helps! Also I wouldn't worry about the content and band things, a teacher at my school is marking a level this year and apparently they aren't basing language, grammar marks on content band anymore so hopefully you're language use was good enough to score some marks if the worst case happens!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (23)
15.13%
Yes - a food allergy (14)
9.21%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (4)
2.63%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (6)
3.95%
No (105)
69.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise