DKeane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys. the intoxication exam is on Friday, and I thought I would set up this forum for anyone to ask questions, so others can reply etc. helping everyone make sure they are ready for the exam!
mollyreek123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What are the main predictions for the case study??
dawoudn
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
not sure, going to try and learn the law, then a case digest for all 8 cases
DKeane
Rep:
?
I mean if you learn the main 8 or so, you should be fine. Plus, the essay is just all the cases really, so if you known the 8 cases in detail, with the 3 additional cases, the essay will be easy too.
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
3 additional cases? i thought there was only the 8 intoxication cases?

(Original post by DKeane)
I mean if you learn the main 8 or so, you should be fine. Plus, the essay is just all the cases really, so if you known the 8 cases in detail, with the 3 additional cases, the essay will be easy too.
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by subegsingh9)
3 additional cases? i thought there was only the 8 intoxication cases?
You only have 8 cases? For the Q1, we were taught to use 3 linked cases...but overall i'd say we have over 30 cases..
PlainStoked
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey,, can anyone please write up the critical points from any of the 8 cases; I think I messed up in Monday's exam (G153) and I've gotta pick up marks on this one. My teacher hasn't even been in school since like forever and I feel so under-prepared for Friday. Please help! (
nadim02
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sure it's 3 critical points, 2 analytical points and 1 linked case ! Well that's what previous mark schemes suggest ! As for 30 cases .... Wow ! That's loads !
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by nadim02)
I'm sure it's 3 critical points, 2 analytical points and 1 linked case ! Well that's what previous mark schemes suggest ! As for 30 cases .... Wow ! That's loads !
Oh damn, well I guess my teacher is trying to overload us with cases haha. Do you know how many times you should reference the source material? I have no idea how many times i should quote it for a Question 1 or 2?
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
30 cases?? we were only taught to link one case for the Q1 coz u only get rewarded for 1
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
are you talking about question 1? im sure you only need 1 cp + 2 anaytical points and then 1 linked case??

(Original post by nadim02)
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i think the other cases are for section B the 34 marker, but do 30 cases for intoxication even exist

Oh damn, well I guess my teacher is trying to overload us with cases haha. Do you know how many times you should reference the source material? I have no idea how many times i should quote it for a Question 1 or 2?
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by subegsingh9)
i think the other cases are for section B the 34 marker, but do 30 cases for intoxication even exist
Yeah, there are quite a few. Do you want me to email you this very basic word document that has the cases + their relevance to intoxication? (For the Q2)
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yeah if u dont mind mate, thanks

Yeah, there are quite a few. Do you want me to email you this very basic word document that has the cases + their relevance to intoxication? (For the Q2)
BWJMortimer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just wanted to confirm that the key cases for Q1 are:
Gallagher, Beard, Majewski, Lipman, Kingston, Heard and Hardie?
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by BWJMortimer)
Just wanted to confirm that the key cases for Q1 are:
Gallagher, Beard, Majewski, Lipman, Kingston, Heard and Hardie?
And R v Bailey
BWJMortimer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And R v Bailey
Okay perfect thank you!
OJManze
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is the difference between a critical point and an analytical point?
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by OJManze)
What is the difference between a critical point and an analytical point?
The core point is the main outcome of the case, whereas the analytical points are just AO2 to get more marks.
OJManze
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And so to access all the marks in Q1, you only need 1 core point, 2 analytical points and a linked case?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (194)
74.9%
No (65)
25.1%

Watched Threads