DKeane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys. the intoxication exam is on Friday, and I thought I would set up this forum for anyone to ask questions, so others can reply etc. helping everyone make sure they are ready for the exam!
mollyreek123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What are the main predictions for the case study??
dawoudn
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
not sure, going to try and learn the law, then a case digest for all 8 cases
DKeane
Rep:
?
I mean if you learn the main 8 or so, you should be fine. Plus, the essay is just all the cases really, so if you known the 8 cases in detail, with the 3 additional cases, the essay will be easy too.
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
3 additional cases? i thought there was only the 8 intoxication cases?

(Original post by DKeane)
I mean if you learn the main 8 or so, you should be fine. Plus, the essay is just all the cases really, so if you known the 8 cases in detail, with the 3 additional cases, the essay will be easy too.
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by subegsingh9)
3 additional cases? i thought there was only the 8 intoxication cases?
You only have 8 cases? For the Q1, we were taught to use 3 linked cases...but overall i'd say we have over 30 cases..
PlainStoked
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,, can anyone please write up the critical points from any of the 8 cases; I think I messed up in Monday's exam (G153) and I've gotta pick up marks on this one. My teacher hasn't even been in school since like forever and I feel so under-prepared for Friday. Please help! (
nadim02
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sure it's 3 critical points, 2 analytical points and 1 linked case ! Well that's what previous mark schemes suggest ! As for 30 cases .... Wow ! That's loads !
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by nadim02)
I'm sure it's 3 critical points, 2 analytical points and 1 linked case ! Well that's what previous mark schemes suggest ! As for 30 cases .... Wow ! That's loads !
Oh damn, well I guess my teacher is trying to overload us with cases haha. Do you know how many times you should reference the source material? I have no idea how many times i should quote it for a Question 1 or 2?
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
30 cases?? we were only taught to link one case for the Q1 coz u only get rewarded for 1
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
are you talking about question 1? im sure you only need 1 cp + 2 anaytical points and then 1 linked case??

(Original post by nadim02)
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i think the other cases are for section B the 34 marker, but do 30 cases for intoxication even exist

Oh damn, well I guess my teacher is trying to overload us with cases haha. Do you know how many times you should reference the source material? I have no idea how many times i should quote it for a Question 1 or 2?
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by subegsingh9)
i think the other cases are for section B the 34 marker, but do 30 cases for intoxication even exist
Yeah, there are quite a few. Do you want me to email you this very basic word document that has the cases + their relevance to intoxication? (For the Q2)
subegsingh9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah if u dont mind mate, thanks

Yeah, there are quite a few. Do you want me to email you this very basic word document that has the cases + their relevance to intoxication? (For the Q2)
BWJMortimer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just wanted to confirm that the key cases for Q1 are:
Gallagher, Beard, Majewski, Lipman, Kingston, Heard and Hardie?
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by BWJMortimer)
Just wanted to confirm that the key cases for Q1 are:
Gallagher, Beard, Majewski, Lipman, Kingston, Heard and Hardie?
And R v Bailey
BWJMortimer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And R v Bailey
Okay perfect thank you!
OJManze
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is the difference between a critical point and an analytical point?
DKeane
Rep:
?
(Original post by OJManze)
What is the difference between a critical point and an analytical point?
The core point is the main outcome of the case, whereas the analytical points are just AO2 to get more marks.
OJManze
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And so to access all the marks in Q1, you only need 1 core point, 2 analytical points and a linked case?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
6.02%
They've been reasonable (68)
40.96%
Not feeling great... (44)
26.51%
They are TERRIBLE! (44)