How do I make a post anonymous?

Watch
MasieA
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've seen threads created by 'Anonymous', is there a way for me to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
superwolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only in the Health and Relationships forums, and there are rules about when it is/isn't allowed.
JoshDawg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's usually a little box around the quick reply area and when you tick it, it makes your post anonymous. Apparently though it's only on specific forums which I did not know about.
MasieA
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoshDawg)
There's usually a little box around the quick reply area and when you tick it, it makes your post anonymous. Apparently though it's only on specific forums which I did not know about.
sorry what do you mean? as in where is the quick reply area? i'm a bit unfamiliar with this site still haha ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
JoshDawg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MasieA)
sorry what do you mean? as in where is the quick reply area? i'm a bit unfamiliar with this site still haha ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well you must have just used it since you replied to me. At the bottom of every open forum there is a box that you write in and click a button to submit a post. Basically on certain threads you can tick that box to post anonymous.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1630
Size:  26.1 KB

This was in a relationships forum by the way.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're using the standard reply page or creating a new thread, the tick box should appear just above the message area labelled "Make post anonymously". As superwolf said, it's only available in certain forums, and using it to discuss topics outside of those areas is against the rules.
MasieA
Rep:
?
ohh i think it's because i'm using the app from my phone so the layout doesn't look like that, but thanks anyways guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
qwer1234
Badges: 9
Report 5 years ago
Anonymous is just some guy who's been posting here for years. He seems a little confused. I think he's related to the 4chan guy. You know, the hacker.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (592)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed