Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, What actually does it mean?? I know it isn't describing characters and i have been told this is important in my English Literature AS exams.

ReputationRep:
    Part of it is describing characters, not just they way they look but how they act, why they act that way, how they develop and what purpose the author is serving in creating such a character. Surely you must have done this in class if your taking the AS exam? York notes usually have sections on characterization for most texts.

ReputationRep:
    we havent. in the whole AS course we have done 2 essays and my teacher would only mark half the classes as she 'didn't have time'!

ReputationRep:
    ooo.. I had a few lessons like that last year. This year I'm having to teach myself Webster because my English teacher kept "flirting" and messing about in lessons.

Anyways- this probabily won't help, but I just looked up the definition in York Notes and it says "the technique by which a writer clotehs the personae of his (sexist!) sotry to make them credible".

What text are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    thanks

I'm studying

The Glass Menagerie
    Enduring love
    Chaucer - The Miller's tale

I think i can teach myself Glass Menagerie and Chaucer
    but i'm not too confident on enduring love!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkledust)
    thanks

I'm studying

The Glass Menagerie
    Enduring love
    Chaucer - The Miller's tale

I think i can teach myself Glass Menagerie and Chaucer
    but i'm not too confident on enduring love!
    I've read Enduring Love and I'm studying The Miller's Tale too.. I didn't know they did it for AS. Anways good luck

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.