Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My fathers friend got me a work experience placement for about 2 weeks after exam at a city investment bank....

ive just been told that if i want i can continue to work there for the whole summer, and get paid (its not much but it isnt bad),

ive been advised that the experience is very good and it will help me alot, but it would mean not going on holiday with my family, and spending the whole summer alone in london....

help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    My fathers friend got me a work experience placement for about 2 weeks after exam at a city investment bank....

ive just been told that if i want i can continue to work there for the whole summer, and get paid (its not much but it isnt bad),

ive been advised that the experience is very good and it will help me alot, but it would mean not going on holiday with my family, and spending the whole summer alone in london....

help.
    amazing! are u mad? take the job! wil help u more in future plans plus, a famly holiday can be postponed to next summer!

ReputationRep:
    Alone!!! In London!!!!

Why are u complaining you have the best of both worlds
    1) not going on a family holiday (very boring)
    2) being able to go clubbing/partying every night without your parents finding out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they'd let you have a couple of weeks off to go away with your family, just ask. Tell them it is already booked and it will be your last family holiday.

Oh and have fun in London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)

help.
    Clear the house out, so its just an empty shell, and have endless house parties, whilst earning bare cash innit !

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.