The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Sociology Unit 4 essay structure!

Hello everyone, thought I would make a thread as I cannot seem to find my answer anywhere!

Does anyone know how to structure the questions in the 'crime and deviance with methods in context' questions? I've heard of the 'PEECL' structure but not sure how to apply this.

There is the following marks for each question
CRIME
1) 21 marks

METHODS AND CONTEXT
1) 15 marks
2) 33 marks

Thanks!
Well basically I write a point and find like an evidence or a sociologist' s name and try explain it and then link it back to the question.
For example let's say the question is like assess the gender differences in crime:
Statistics show that both men and women commit crime however it can be noted that men commit more crime than women. For example official statistics show that four out of five convicted offenders are men in England and Wales. This pattern therefore shows that men are more likely to commit crime than women.

Hope this helps ☺️
Reply 2
Original post by glorirockinnn
Well basically I write a point and find like an evidence or a sociologist' s name and try explain it and then link it back to the question.
For example let's say the question is like assess the gender differences in crime:
Statistics show that both men and women commit crime however it can be noted that men commit more crime than women. For example official statistics show that four out of five convicted offenders are men in England and Wales. This pattern therefore shows that men are more likely to commit crime than women.

Hope this helps ☺️

Brilliant! Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest