Turn on thread page Beta

A2 SCLY4 Crime and Deviance Sociology Exam June 2015 watch

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any exam predictions for SCLY4, both crime questions and theory in methods???? have a hunch the methods in context question will be based on official statistics

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has predicted that suicide is likely to come up as it is the last year they are putting it on the specification. she has also predicted that Marxism, globalisation, subcultural theories and ethnic patters could be potential 21 marker's.
    for MIC interviews, observations and questionnaires.
    for the larger 33 mark questions she strongly believes that social policy social action theory or postmodernism could come up.

hope that helped- Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hi

i was thinking for the 21 markers: subcultural theories, critical criminologists(marxists), labelling comes up quite often, patterns of crime, environmental approaches of something on the criminal justice system. (none of these have come up). i dont think suicide will come up as it already has...but you never know tbh

for the 15 marker: quantitative docs, questionnaires, experiments, official statistics, case studies or overt observation (covert came up)

for the 33 marker: me and my teacher were thinking postmodernism might come up...i need to revise social action theory and social policy

hope that helps ))

ReputationRep:
    excellent resource for you that a teacher has given me. It provides plans to questions and what has and what hasn't come up
    File is attached , good luck tomorrow haha
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx 6899415141358967719.docx (44.4 KB, 2849 views)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the 15 mark structure? I always fail at that. Thanks in advance!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NabeelaB)
    hi

i was thinking for the 21 markers: subcultural theories, critical criminologists(marxists), labelling comes up quite often, patterns of crime, environmental approaches of something on the criminal justice system. (none of these have come up). i dont think suicide will come up as it already has...but you never know tbh

for the 15 marker: quantitative docs, questionnaires, experiments, official statistics, case studies or overt observation (covert came up)

for the 33 marker: me and my teacher were thinking postmodernism might come up...i need to revise social action theory and social policy

hope that helps ))
    How do you write about postmodernism for the 33 mark one??? My teacher thought that it might be is sociology scientific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigerosee)
    How do you write about postmodernism for the 33 mark one??? My teacher thought that it might be is sociology scientific.
    Don't think it will be sociology as a science as that came up in Jan 2013
    I think the possibilities are:
    Modernity vs Postmodernity
    Social Action
    Social policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OSarahlouise)
    Don't think it will be sociology as a science as that came up in Jan 2013
    I think the possibilities are:
    Modernity vs Postmodernity
    Social Action
    Social policy
    How would you write about modernity/postmodernity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigerosee)
    How would you write about modernity/postmodernity?
    It's more of a combination of globalisation and postmodernism
    What society was like pre-modernity, during modernity and post-modernity
    I'm not sure what else, when I find out i'll post it.

ReputationRep:
    hey
    doubt it'll be sociology is a science. my best guest for the 33 marker is social policy or postmodernism, but social action could come up

id write about society before and after globalisation
    include lyotard and boudrillard
    talk about grand narratives, glocal crime, media

dunno if that's helpful but yeh

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said values for the 33 mark as it hasn't come up yet. Feminism and functionalism came up recently as 21's and 33's so probably wont this time. She also said ethnicity may come up for the 21.

I hope the 33 is marxism and the 21's are like subcultural theory or anything to do with CAGE.

You cant be sure though so its best to look over everything at least a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can we take the risk and not revise Marxism and feminism?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadia1230)
    Can we take the risk and not revise Marxism and feminism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've done that!! Got no time haha

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone explain to me Hobbs Glocal crime!

ReputationRep:
    I heard realism could come up, or location and crime (for 21 markers)

ReputationRep:
    Also green crime came up last year so forget that ! Haha

ReputationRep:
    What do we write for location and crime? I don't have any notes on location :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And what do we write for globalisation guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Location: the Chicago school, shaw and McKay, can use Wilson's theory of 'broken windows', Chambliss's idea about law protecting private property, hence why police only protect certain locations so some areas become 'no go areas'. For evaluation I said how area stats are just social constructs, and that the theory only focuses on street crime.

ReputationRep:
    What structure would people use to write postmodernism as a 33 marker??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 13, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.