The Student Room Group

Law Btec UCAS points

Hi I have done the level 3 Btec in applied law this is a level 3 certificate in applied law (AS) and subsidiary diploma in applied law (A2) I have applied for uni and got my offers however I am confused I have achieved a distinction* does this mean my UCAS points are the equivalent of an A or that they are different and reflect the Btec I have put it on UCAS points conevetora and it says that it is 210 points is this correct??
Reply 1
Original post by Gracie96x
Hi I have done the level 3 Btec in applied law this is a level 3 certificate in applied law (AS) and subsidiary diploma in applied law (A2) I have applied for uni and got my offers however I am confused I have achieved a distinction* does this mean my UCAS points are the equivalent of an A or that they are different and reflect the Btec I have put it on UCAS points conevetora and it says that it is 210 points is this correct??

If you have a Level 3 BTEC Certificate using units that also count in your subsidiary diploma then you can't count it as a separate grade (in the same way that you can't count an AS if you also have an A level in the same subject).
If you have a A* in a Subsidiary diploma then that gains you 140 UCAS points, the same as an A* at A level.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
If you have a Level 3 BTEC Certificate using units that also count in your subsidiary diploma then you can't count it as a separate grade (in the same way that you can't count an AS if you also have an A level in the same subject).
If you have a A* in a Subsidiary diploma then that gains you 140 UCAS points, the same as an A* at A level.

Thanks for your reply explains it better thanks

Quick Reply

Latest