Are eye deformities (such as Heterochromia) attractive, or just plain weird?

Watch
lustawny
Badges: 6
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia_iridum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisocoria

I don't have an eye deformity myself; I'm just curious to know what the general consensus of them on TSR is, and whether or not people on here would be physically attracted to someone who had a condition like this.

I, personally, do find conditions like this a bit strange and alien, I have to admit - but I also think they're pretty cool, at the same time! They're quite a rare thing, so I think it'd be quite an interesting quirk to have in your appearance.

For those of you who hadn't already noticed, the dude in the music video for Taylor Swift's 'Style' has Heterochromia. I didn't notice it the first time I watched the video.

What do you reckon, TSR?
Illegal Algebra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're not attractive. They're not weird. They're also not "deformities". They are uncommon variations, that's all. Hardly noticeable unless you've got an eagle eye.
K.C
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
david bowie has it doesn't he?

i wish i had it
lustawny
(Original post by K.C)

i wish i had it
He does, indeed. Bowie's an absolute ledge - I love him. He looks like such an alien in the 'Life on Mars?' music vid :awesome:

newttella
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think they are interesting to say the least. Attractive or not, it depends. Those who have it I'd say in general are special in a more -good- way,
lustawny
(Original post by Illegal Algebra)
They're not attractive. They're not weird. They're also not "deformities". They are uncommon variations, that's all. Hardly noticeable unless you've got an eagle eye.
People often regard physical appearance (in general) under those terms, let's face it.
Illegal Algebra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lustawny)
People often regard physical appearance (in general) under those terms, let's face it.
It really wouldn't affect whether I perceive someone as being attractive. I find a lot of conditions of the human body to be quite interesting because it's relevant to what I'm studying, especially the ones with visible physical manifestations. But I'd never view it as weird, and the ones you mentioned aren't unattractive I'd probably want to stare at the person closely (under the guise of physical examination of course, lol). I find such physical signs to be very interesting because they're so rare to see.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heterochromia can be quite cool. Either it makes no difference, or it's attractive, depending on the person. Anisocoria looks a bit odd but it looks pretty hard to even notice so I doubt it makes any real difference. I've never seen it myself.

One of my teachers in primary school had one really blue eye and a brown eye. She claimed one of them was a special x-ray eye to see through walls. F*cking mental woman.
Anemone4Life
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heterochromia is hot, knew a girl who had it damn like its mesmerising. i have plain dark brown eyes so anything other than dark brown is awesome to me.
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're cool
I love it when dogs have them
lustawny
(Original post by Emily.97)
They're cool
I love it when dogs have them
There are dogs that have Heterochromia...? :lolwut:

I didn't know that!
lustawny
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
One of my teachers in primary school had one really blue eye and a brown eye. She claimed one of them was a special x-ray eye to see through walls. F*cking mental woman.
Yeah, it reminds me of Mad-Eye Moody from the Harry Potter series; he basically had one normal eye, and one electric blue eye that he could see through things with
username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well Mila Kunis has it and you know what people think about her.
lustawny
(Original post by Strawberry68)
Well Mila Kunis has it and you know what people think about her.
I didn't know that, either! It's amazing how unnoticeable it is, given that conditions like this are pretty rare and look really interesting
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hell yes I would be attracted to someone with heterochromia!
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are dogs that have Heterochromia...? :lolwut:

I didn't know that!
Yeah, i thought it was pretty common in a particular breed (might be dalmation)
I may be wrong though.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by K.C)

i wish i had it
I can't believe this stupid piece of trivia comes in useful, but Bowie doesn't actually have heterochromia. He was almost blinded in one eye as a kid and it means his pupil is permenantly dilated in one eye, and so the colours of his eyes look slightly different, but they're not - they're the same shade of blue.
iammeyouareyou
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really don't give these things enough thought...
lustawny
(Original post by loperdoper)
I can't believe this stupid piece of trivia comes in useful, but Bowie doesn't actually have heterochromia. He was almost blinded in one eye as a kid and it means his pupil is permenantly dilated in one eye, and so the colours of his eyes look slightly different, but they're not - they're the same shade of blue.
How is that awesome piece of trivia stupid? Presumably you're not a David Bowie fan, then?
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How is that awesome piece of trivia stupid? Presumably you're not a David Bowie fan, then?
I'm pretty neutral towards him, to be honest. It's reasonably interesting trivia, it's more the fact that it's the one thing I know that I never thought would come in handy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (130)
29.95%
No (304)
70.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise