University Life in Edinburgh/Nottingham/Southampton?

Watch
EmJ15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am interested in studying Medicine at university. I'm currently looking to go to open days at Edinburgh, Nottingham and Southampton. No doubt i'll find out more of what it's like to be there when I go on the Open days, but i was wondering whether anyone could tell me what it's like to live in one of these places?
Thank you!
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was in uni in Southampton for uni and it was a great place there is so much to do.

You'll be hard pressed to have the chance to feel bored.

Obviously Southampton is in the southeast of England which means you'll get some of the less wet weather in the UK it also has a micro climate so it is usually a bit warmer than the rest of the UK.

There are many clubs pubs and bars in soton bed ford place and London road have the most but there is also a ministry in leisure world where there is also a cinema.

In the centre of soton you'll find your usual fare of shops like hmv game top shop etc mostly in west quay.

If sport is your thing there are loads of gyms a ski centre and even a climbing wall.

What do you want to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
nomienomes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmJ15)
I am interested in studying Medicine at university. I'm currently looking to go to open days at Edinburgh, Nottingham and Southampton. No doubt i'll find out more of what it's like to be there when I go on the Open days, but i was wondering whether anyone could tell me what it's like to live in one of these places?
Thank you!
Hey there!

I'm currently a student at Edinburgh, I study Sustainable development so I cant tell you much about the medicine degree at Edinburgh except the medical students are taught in the hospital with state of the art tech and most of the lecturers are surgeons etc/ It is extremely competitive to get into so make sure you have some sort of medical experience!

Edinburgh uni has 4 student unions to choose from around the campuses, 2 of them are found on the george square campus - teviot (oldest student union in the world) and potterow. We have a huge sport complex, the gym has been updated and we have a commonwealth pool, there are hundreds of sports clubs to choose from. The University always has events on, and the nightlife is pretty good too. There is lots of support available if you need it, there are tonnes of free 'stress-busting' activities during exam diets.

The city itself is really great, some amazing shops and architecture. But, there are always lots of tourists. In summer lots of the students will have BBQs in the meadows - a beautiful park. Accommodation can be pricey however, the flats after student accommodation can be anywhere from £300 - 550 + a month. The house/flat market is extremely competitive, thats why its so pricey, that and its the capital of Scotland.

The weather is a mixed bag really, you can get all sorts of weather in one day. But in summer on a good day its beautiful and Edinburgh has an amazing christmas market too/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (9)
30%
Less motivated (21)
70%

Watched Threads