MH11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have just finished my first year at college so have completed my AS Levels I have really enjoyed doing 3D design this year and wish to take it further.
I enjoy the planning out and designing of maquettes and models and then developing them further as well as building responses to famous pieces whether they are buildings, structures or something as simple as a toothbrush.
Yet I am not the best at the actual construction of the products however maybe if I had a laser cutter cutting wood would easier.
SO my questions is... what university courses suit this?
I enjoy the designing all the small details of things and then seeing the final product yet making may be tricky.
I also enjoy making responses or having to design using a stimulus.
If it could be possible I would want to avoid writing in bulk courses but don't other one just if it is writing heavy but would be handy if you could say.
So the obvious options are architectural design and product design but what other ones are there?
De Montfort University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
DMU offers a Product Design course that would suit your learning style. The course develops your understanding of materials, manufacturing, ergonomics, elementary mechanics and electronics. Your designs will take into account the sustainability of conventional product design, developing socially conscious products that reduce waste and conserve energy.

Interestingly we offer a BA and Bsc course. For info about the differences have a look our course pages http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/u...1_AtoZLetter=p

We also offer Architectural Design and Furniture Design that may be worth consider...http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/u...design-ba.aspx

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get back in contact
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (599)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (738)
41.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (352)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.47%

Watched Threads