AQA Physics A Unit 5. What module do you take?

Watch this thread
Poll: Which unit do you take?
Astrophysics - 2A (12)
34.29%
Medical - 2B (3)
8.57%
Applied - 2C (5)
14.29%
Turning Points in Physics - 2D (15)
42.86%
JVSAIL
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just seeing what the spilt is between the modules in unit 5.
TheGreyPhysicist
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Turning points!
JVSAIL
Rep:
What did you think then?
CD223
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Astro

Posted from TSR Mobile
C0balt
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi I'm year 12 atm and we may get the choice next year.
Would be great to know why you took that option and whether you have enjoyed it or not. Thanks.
Protoxylic
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Turning, but wish I did applied
JVSAIL
Rep:
(Original post by C0balt)
Hi I'm year 12 atm and we may get the choice next year.
Would be great to know why you took that option and whether you have enjoyed it or not. Thanks.
I took applied because everyone at my school does we have no choice. I really enjoyed it, it helps with unit 4 mechanics and the rest is engines.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I liked turning points, from what I've heard astrophysics was pretty difficult.
C0balt
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JVSAIL)
I took applied because everyone at my school does we have no choice. I really enjoyed it, it helps with unit 4 mechanics and the rest is engines.
My school currently does turning points, and I personally want to do applied because it seems to be the most useful!
Good to hear you enjoyed it. Is it hard? Is there extra electricity (I didn't like it in AS lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
simonli2575
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Would have done applied physics if the school allowed it.
JVSAIL
Rep:
My school currently does turning points, and I personally want to do applied because it seems to be the most useful!
Good to hear you enjoyed it. Is it hard? Is there extra electricity (I didn't like it in AS lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is no more electricity really. A little bit of power generation but no pure electronics. I didn't find it hard, rotational mechanics is just glorified uvast. I found the engines bit quite easy because thats what I'm going to do at uni so I have an interest others found this bit harder
C0balt
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by simonli2575)
Would have done applied physics if the school allowed it.
What did you do?
(Original post by JVSAIL)
There is no more electricity really. A little bit of power generation but no pure electronics. I didn't find it hard, rotational mechanics is just glorified uvast. I found the engines bit quite easy because thats what I'm going to do at uni so I have an interest others found this bit harder
Oh cool :cool:
I don't think I'm going to do any engineering at uni, but applied seems to be the most relevant to real life and useful
simonli2575
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
What did you do?
Astrophysics. Though it turned out pretty good.
C0balt
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Astrophysics. Though it turned out pretty good.
Was it interesting?
The name sounds cool but I am not particularly attracted to it because it doesn't sound very useful lol
simonli2575
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Was it interesting?
The name sounds cool but I am not particularly attracted to it because it doesn't sound very useful lol
It was, though not really for me. I preferred to have more numbers.
C0balt
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It was, though not really for me. I preferred to have more numbers.
Oh right, I personally want to do most mathematical, especially because AQA mark schemes are really funny for wordy questions
simonli2575
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Oh right, I personally want to do most mathematical, especially because AQA mark schemes are really funny for wordy questions
Like they don't award you for correct answers in Biology if the mark scheme doesn't say it (so I've heard)?
C0balt
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Like they don't award you for correct answers in Biology if the mark scheme doesn't say it (so I've heard)?
Well they expect you to write something the question didn't ask you
Like this year there was a question in unit 2 asking how a single slit makes a coherent wave source, and I heard from someone that in the mark scheme it said "it produces waves of constant phase difference"...it didn't ask you to define coherent source, it asked you how they produce it LOL
simonli2575
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Well they expect you to write something the question didn't ask you
Like this year there was a question in unit 2 asking how a single slit makes a coherent wave source, and I heard from someone that in the mark scheme it said "it produces waves of constant phase difference"...it didn't ask you to define coherent source, it asked you how they produce it LOL
Well yeah, sometimes you need to define the thing it produces or does, and I'm kind of already used to it in unit 5.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
41.18%
They're exactly what I expected (64)
23.53%