The Student Room Group

Edexcel FAS(triple) Physics P3 exam 19th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skating21
46?

Thank you.
Original post by FatimaHere
Heck yeah! And Biology and Chemistry too, alongside Maths XD (I wanna be a Doctor) Are you?:redface:

Yes :smile: It's the only science I'm doing, though. My other options are maths, French and Spanish.

What did you get for the electron/positron mass question?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
Yes :smile: It's the only science I'm doing, though. My other options are maths, French and Spanish.

I got something with eight 7's and an 8

Oh nice! :smile:
I really don't remember oooo I think I got the 7s and 8 too
It certainly went better than P2

P2 went fantastic for me! I think I lost up to 5 marks. On this one everything went okay except for the 6 markers and the 4 mark calculation question. But they are worth the most marks so affected my grade massively.
Original post by EarlOfMaidstone
The grade boundaries have to be quite low, it was a technical paper which wasn't just physics based, I would say 44-45/60 for an A*

At this rate, I'd be over the moon with an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yukicookie
P2 went fantastic for me! I think I lost up to 5 marks. On this one everything went okay except for the 6 markers and the 4 mark calculation question. But they are worth the most marks so affected my grade massively.

It wasn't a disaster, but I was half-expecting it to be the easier than the others, probably because I enjoyed learning it the most.
Reply 67
Is the thermionic emission thing a kind of particle accelerator? Cause they do kinda accelerate electrons across the voltage.
I didn't put it but many people in my class did.
I don't think so... I thought thermionic emission happens to produce X-rays.

I thought it was a fairly decent exam...perhaps except the last 6 marker because I didn't learn anything about it to be honest.
am i the only one that thought it was actually quite hard?
It was around 11cm wasn't it?

i put 10.9 :s-smilie: is that okay?
Original post by Dudeyoufugly
am i the only one that thought it was actually quite hard?

Hardest science paper this year...
i put 10.9 :s-smilie: is that okay?

Should be fine!
Hardest science paper this year...

for some reason the grade boundaries seem to be higher for the 3's even thought they're generally harder than the two's and one's
i think i messed up on all the 3's :frown:
Should be fine!

thanks
Original post by FatimaHere
Heck yeah! And Biology and Chemistry too, alongside Maths XD (I wanna be a Doctor) Are you?:redface:

I'm doing all of those subjects too along with psychology.
Reply 76
for some reason the grade boundaries seem to be higher for the 3's even thought they're generally harder than the two's and one's
i think i messed up on all the 3's :frown:

It's because generally only the people who are good at sciences do triple so the grade boundaries tend to be higher as the same percentage of people are meant to get A*, A and so on.
Original post by KD1024
It's because generally only the people who are good at sciences do triple so the grade boundaries tend to be higher as the same percentage of people are meant to get A*, A and so on.

makes sense
Original post by devkulasooriya
I'm doing all of those subjects too along with psychology.

Aw man! I'm not able to take 5, it isn't an option :/ good luck with that though! :biggrin:
has anyone released some sort of mark scheme yet? In general i thought it was a pretty generous paper.
I'd expect the grade boundaries to be around 49-50/60 for an a*

Quick Reply