Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you get at IQ tests?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are there any genius here???

ReputationRep:
    I have the word record on UKL scoring a wonderful 89.

ReputationRep:
    11 on my last one. I'm pretty proud of that.

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is 130 (roughly)

A bit crap really, oh well

ReputationRep:
    This has been discussed many times before, and as many people here are compulsive lyers i think you'd find the average up around 140(from what people say) I scored a marvellous 91 on the BBC IQ test which was very, very different from my official IQ score. The BBC test was pretty crap really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I have the word record on UKL scoring a wonderful 89.
    Was that the latest test the nation one? I got lower than that, and I'm younger!

My IQ, is about 115. They mean very little.

ReputationRep:
    BBC test gives me around 120. Did it from a book once and got 153. It's pretty irrelevant anyway - the range of scores people I know at school got bore little relation to their success in everyday life (or to their academic success, or to how intelligent other people thought they were).

ReputationRep:
    Do westners take IQ score quite seriously??
    and how much does it weight in valuing a person???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    They mean very little. Your scores tend to vary massively between tests, and it's all about learning technique rather than intellegence. I don't think they're a very good measure of intellegence at all.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt many people care much. People are more likely to value someone on qualifications, job, etc. than IQ. Most important thing is probably the impression you make on someone in conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 旗人天相)
    No not at all. No one ever asks what it is, and a lot don't even know.

GCSE, A-Levels and degrees seem to be a way of judging the intelligence of the person. But again, people are given more value for having these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    No not at all. No one ever asks what it is, and a lot
    and a lot lie

ReputationRep:
    IQ doesnt really count for much, its more a measure of potential ability. A fitting analogy would be a computer with a powerful processor and lots of memory, all well and good but ****ing useless without any programs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people lie. What's the point in that? It's only an IQ test, it doesn't mean anything in my opinion, it's work experience and degrees I think that counts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    I don't understand why people lie. What's the point in that? It's only an IQ test, it doesn't mean anything in my opinion, it's work experience and degrees I think that counts
    Exactly. When have you ever seen a job advertised on the basis of a minimum IQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Exactly. When have you ever seen a job advertised on the basis of a minimum IQ.
    Working for Mensa maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Working for Mensa maybe?
    oh yeah

ReputationRep:
    It the BBC one, the reason i did so badly is becuase I panic when I have so little time to answer the questions and click on things I realise were wrong afterwards. Also I am hopeless at the shape questions which may be somthing to with my co-ordination being very poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    It the BBC one, the reason i did so badly is becuase I panic when I have so little time to answer the questions and click on things I realise were wrong afterwards. Also I am hopeless at the shape questions which may be somthing to with my co-ordination being very poor.
    I didn't like the timing either, although expected to get better than 84.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I didn't like the timing either, although expected to get better than 84.
    Me too, its all a load of crap though, I know I can get higer than most people on my course at university, I know I have a semi good job, good references, all this is far better than some stupid online test so I don't let it bother me anymore.

Anybody can see you're bright because of the posts you make especialy at you're age.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.