The Student Room Group

If you get kicked out of uni and reapply to another uni...?

I know that when you fail your course and get kicked out of uni they ask you to 'withdraw' meaning you have to send in papers asking to be withdrawn, so if I apply another uni next year and put my previous uni study on UCAS, will they request to see a transcript from my first year from my previous uni, and will the transcript say I failed and got kicked out? Or will it just say I withdrew? Or can I just put my previous uni study on UCAS and they wont ask for a transcript or anything?
Reply 1
Original post by arcenciel21
I know that when you fail your course and get kicked out of uni they ask you to 'withdraw' meaning you have to send in papers asking to be withdrawn, so if I apply another uni next year and put my previous uni study on UCAS, will they request to see a transcript from my first year from my previous uni, and will the transcript say I failed and got kicked out? Or will it just say I withdrew? Or can I just put my previous uni study on UCAS and they wont ask for a transcript or anything?
You wil have to enter your time at this uni on your application, and normally people would add the modules they studied and the grades they achieved, so if there's no information there unis will want to know why. Also, if you've been at uni a year it would be expected that your UCAS reference would be provided by the uni you have left rather than someone else.

My advice to you in these circumstances would be to leave it for a while (ie a year or two at least) before trying to start again. Firstly, it would be sensible to consider what went wrong and whether any underlying issues have been dealt with before trying to start again. Apart from anything else, if you were to have another false start you would not get full loans in future, and that's a lot of money to find. Secondly, unis looking at your record will be concerned about it, and need evidence that this time round you'll be able to stay the course - they don't like drop-outs and failures because it affects their statistics. If you try to go from an unsuccessful year straight into another course they will - not unreasonably - look for evidence that you understand what went wrong and have learned from the experience. A third reason not to rush into another application is that getting kicked out of uni is a demoralising experience, and certainly not one to repeat. Not everyone has to go to uni at 18, so you may be much better off (in every sense!) taking some time out to get a job and experience under your belt - particularly if part of the problem with the year you've just done was that you didn't enjoy the course much. Your loan entitlement won't be lost if you wait a few years until you have worked out what you really want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending