Tinkers2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've decided to have a go at doing the EPQ (we get to do a 'taster', as per say, until the end of the academic year, which I can then decide to take on during my A2 studies or not).

I love psychology and plan on going on to study it at degree level, hopefully at Royal Holloway! I have been speaking to the department there and have been told I would be considered a 'borderline' case as I may not hit the right grades, or predicted grades. I just love this uni so so so much and so I'm persevering and hope that I can push as hard as I can. Because of this, despite the hard work and dedication, I've decided I might do the EPQ, which for me, more average of grades, will be more beneficial and give that boost/edge that I may need, as this will be on top of my 3 A Levels. So, in total I will have 3 A Levels, an AS and another AS from the EPQ.

Of course, the subject would be Psychology, but I'm stuck on the subject area. My younger sister is a high ranking young athlete, so we have contacts, making Sports Psychology an obvious option, however I'm stuck on the actual question?! I want to sway away from a straight debate question, so I can collect raw data. I personally would have liked to look into the effect of performance enhancing drugs, especially as this is hot in the news at the moment, but not sure how I go about this. I had thought to give a group of athletes a sweetener, or something similar, and tell them it'll help them run better - recording their times before and after. This of course means I would be deceiving them, however, they would be minors, so surely I could get consent from the parents????

Suggestions would be absolutely fabulous!!!

Thank you,

Kat xo
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (143)
62.17%
I don't have everything I need (87)
37.83%

Watched Threads