EH.
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In august I will have, 2 A levels, 2 AS and a BTEC.

Will I be able to go through clearing or not.
KrazyK18
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Have you already applied for university already if you haven't then no you won't be able to universities need to see your application. if you have applied then you should be fine to go through clearing.
EH.
Rep:
One of my friends applied to clearing last year on results day and made her UCAS etc then. It's just another option other than completing another year
boyyo
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
sorry if im on the wrong thread, i just done my as levels. Say if i get a mid/high B in physics, how hard do u think it would be to get an A or a* for over all alevel? thanks
EH.
Rep:
Im not sure. You should ask your teachers
(Original post by boyyo)
sorry if im on the wrong thread, i just done my as levels. Say if i get a mid/high B in physics, how hard do u think it would be to get an A or a* for over all alevel? thanks
stevebeve56
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boyyo)
Very possible! Physics at A2 is more of the same and actually not too much more challenging. I got a low B last year and am hoping to get an A or A*. Also because unit 1 is very relevant to unit 4 and 5, you can easily retake unit 1 without too much preparation to get some UMS so I would definitely recommend that. A lot of schools will re enter the whole of A2 to redo unit 1.
Because you got a B the easiest way to get an A* is not by averaging 90 UMS overall but by using the alternative method.Getting an A at AS modules then A* in both A2 modules which gives you an A* so unit 1 retake would be ideal. So thats what I'm hoping I've managed this year, and hears to you getting it next year!
boyyo
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by stevebeve56)
Very possible! Physics at A2 is more of the same and actually not too much more challenging. I got a low B last year and am hoping to get an A or A*. Also because unit 1 is very relevant to unit 4 and 5, you can easily retake unit 1 without too much preparation to get some UMS so I would definitely recommend that. A lot of schools will re enter the whole of A2 to redo unit 1.
Because you got a B the easiest way to get an A* is not by averaging 90 UMS overall but by using the alternative method.Getting an A at AS modules then A* in both A2 modules which gives you an A* so unit 1 retake would be ideal. So thats what I'm hoping I've managed this year, and hears to you getting it next year!
Ohh thats awesome, btw what exam board did you do? aqa?
stevebeve56
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boyyo)
Ohh thats awesome, btw what exam board did you do? aqa?
Edexcel. Update us on your result! Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.71%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
16.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (27)
24.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.54%

Watched Threads