emilita.nxn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would like to be a operational nurse or a linguist or a pilot😊 However, I don't know when and how I should apply. I would like to take a gap year after A2...does that effect it???

Can someone please explain to me😊

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Firstly, those are three wildly different career choices, so narrow it down.
The decision over which you want to go for (and, indeed, which Force) will affect the entry routes and options.

So until you decide what you want to do, any advice is going to be to general to be of use.
emilita.nxn
Rep:
?
Okay thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
emilita.nxn
Rep:
?
Okay, so if I wanted to be a nurse, what would I have to do? 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
ProStacker
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Look at the RAF Careers website and see what qualifications are required for the nurse role you are interested in.
Look at the Army Careers website and see what qualifications are required for the nurse role you are interested in.

Get those qualifications.

Apply.
ArmyJobs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emilita.nxn)
I would like to be a operational nurse or a linguist or a pilot😊 However, I don't know when and how I should apply. I would like to take a gap year after A2...does that effect it???

Can someone please explain to me😊

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

Taking a Gap year would not stop you from joining the British Army. However the Application process does take 6 - 9 months to complete and you would have to be in the UK to attend Medical, Interview and Fitness assessments within this time. Therefore is would apply after you have completed your travels as if you complete these assessments before you go, so may have to redo some of them when you return.

What subjects did you study at A-level? also are you wishing to apply as a Officer?

Regards
ArmyJobs
emilita.nxn
Rep:
?
I'm doing biology, Spanish and chemistry. However, I might be dropping chemistry next year,if I completely fail it, and I might do another a level.
I would like to join the army as a student nurse

Posted from TSR Mobile
ArmyJobs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emilita.nxn)
I'm doing biology, Spanish and chemistry. However, I might be dropping chemistry next year,if I completely fail it, and I might do another a level.
I would like to join the army as a student nurse

Posted from TSR Mobile
They a great subjects. You will however need a high number of UCAS points by the end of your A-level studies, Please visit the Birmingham City University website for up to date entry requirements: www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/nursing-adult Currently, entry requirements are 3 GCSEs or equivalent, graded A-C (including the Maths, English and a Science subject) plus 280 UCAS points. The UCAS tariff is expected to rise to 300 from the Sept 2016 intake onwards.

You can find more information on the role of a Student nurse within the British Army here: https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/r.../student-nurse

If you would like any more information please don't hesitate to ask!

Regards
ArmyJobs
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by savannah_)
I also would like to join the Army as a student nurse,I am at college studying health and social care.I was wondering what steps I need to undertake to become a student nurse in the Army?
A good place to start would be the links in the post you just quoted
emilita.nxn
Rep:
?
(Original post by ArmyJobs)
They a great subjects. You will however need a high number of UCAS points by the end of your A-level studies, Please visit the Birmingham City University website for up to date entry requirements: www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/nursing-adult Currently, entry requirements are 3 GCSEs or equivalent, graded A-C (including the Maths, English and a Science subject) plus 280 UCAS points. The UCAS tariff is expected to rise to 300 from the Sept 2016 intake onwards.

You can find more information on the role of a Student nurse within the British Army here: https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/r.../student-nurse

If you would like any more information please don't hesitate to ask!

Regards
ArmyJobs
Thank you so much! This is so helpful! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
savannah_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by moonkatt)
A good place to start would be the links in the post you just quoted
Hahah yes I did and the websites provided the answers to my questions,sorry I got a bit excited when I came across this. I think I am going to the careers advice centre so I can talk to someone in person as I am also considering taking a gap year.....
ArmyJobs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by savannah_)
Hahah yes I did and the websites provided the answers to my questions,sorry I got a bit excited when I came across this. I think I am going to the careers advice centre so I can talk to someone in person as I am also considering taking a gap year.....
That's great! You can find you local Army Careers Centre by entering your postcode into the following link: www.army.mod.uk/inyourarea

Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.54%
I don't have everything I need (261)
44.46%

Watched Threads