Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you know your History? (Munich agreement) watch

ReputationRep:
    Who was known as Mr. "I love Berlin" in France at the time of the Munich Agreement and why?

My teacher said he would be amazed if anyone knew the answer to this....He said we should have a basic knowledge of French to answer it...whatever that means?

Does anyone know?

(Original post by manps)
    Who was known as Mr. "I love Berlin" in France at the time of the Munich Agreement and why?

My teacher said he would be amazed if anyone knew the answer to this....He said we should have a basic knowledge of French to answer it...whatever that means?

Does anyone know?
    I'd guess it was either a country taking a pop at one of their own therefore Daladier would be the frontrunner for me. Picking Mussolini seems too obvious...

ReputationRep:
    What is the answer?

ReputationRep:
    dont know, hoping to find out soon though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manps)
    dont know, hoping to find out soon though!!!
    Oh I thought you knew.

ReputationRep:
    nope, have posted question on a few forums though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manps)

Does anyone know?
    I think it was Chamberlain.

In French, Chamberlain is pronounced a bit like "J'aime Berlin" (I love Berlin).
    Certainly the "-berlain" part of "Chamberlain" is pronounced exactly like "Berlin" (French pronounciation)

ReputationRep:
    never thought of that - good theory!

ReputationRep:
    That must be right.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.