rafanadal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Has anyone applied for an apprenticeship with RBS then? I've got my telephone interview next Wednesday!
Mackavoi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ive applied and have my telephone interview to book. What do they ask in the telephone interview?
Chris_paul
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How did the phone interviews go for you? Thankfully I passed it and have a 1-2-1 interview on Thursday. If yourselfs or anyone has experience with this, any tips would definitely be helpful.

Thankyou
Marie281
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When did they tell you your interview is on thursday?

I'm still waiting to hear back from them..
Chris_paul
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Marie281)
When did they tell you your interview is on thursday?

I'm still waiting to hear back from them..
30th of June, I wouldnt despair however, the jobs start in October so plenty of time.
Jaymo10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Which roles have you applied for in the apprenticeship programme? I've applied for HR in Manchester and have my phone interview next week. Very nervous!
Jess & Nick RMA
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jaymo10)
Which roles have you applied for in the apprenticeship programme? I've applied for HR in Manchester and have my phone interview next week. Very nervous!
Hi Jaymo10, good luck with your phone interview! Do you need any advice?
KaidouT100B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have a phone interview booked for one of the apprenticeship positions and would really like some advise on how best to prepare?
KaidouT100B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a phone interview booked for Relationship manager apprentice and I'm not sure how to prepare for it, how did you prepare for yours.
Also is it standard to have a phone interview and then a 1-2-1 interview, is there no assessment centre or was your position not an apprenticeship?
Jaymo10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there. Had 3 online assessments. Then the phone interview yesterday. They asked me for examples of times I've had to learn something new and also about collaborating with others. They asked me why I want to work for RBS and they asked me how I had prepared for the phone interview (told them I used Internet to research) it lasted about 35 mins and it was hard going (for me anyway!) anyhow I got email today saying I'd reached the apprenticeship benchmark but they are now shortlisting for the one to one interviews so there's no guarantee I will even get an interview! Will be gutted if I don't! But anyway, good luck with your phone interview and let us know how you get on!
KaidouT100B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there. Had 3 online assessments. Then the phone interview yesterday. They asked me for examples of times I've had to learn something new and also about collaborating with others. They asked me why I want to work for RBS and they asked me how I had prepared for the phone interview (told them I used Internet to research) it lasted about 35 mins and it was hard going (for me anyway!) anyhow I got email today saying I'd reached the apprenticeship benchmark but they are now shortlisting for the one to one interviews so there's no guarantee I will even get an interview! Will be gutted if I don't! But anyway, good luck with your phone interview and let us know how you get on!
Thanks I really appreciate the help. My interview is next Tuesday, and yeah I'll update you on how it goes.
Congrats on actually getting that far, surprised there isn't an assessment centre because for positions like this there usually is, hopefully you get shortlisted.
Thanks again.
Jaymo10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You too!
Good luck, you will be fine I'm sure.
I see it as we've done well to even get this far!
KaidouT100B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just done the phone interview.
It was a lot more relaxed than I was expecting. A couple of questions didn't came up that I was expecting like what do you expect to be doing in your first 6 months of your apprenticeship.
But it was overall quite good.
Jaymo10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah that's great news! Fingers crossed for you!
Did they tell you what happens next?
I got an email the next day saying 'congratulations, you've met the benchmark for the apprenticeship but not everyone will get a one to one interview! And that they are shortlisting!' Pretty gutted about that
KaidouT100B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks.
Yeah she told me the same thing, said I'll get the email informing me within 48hours. I really don't get how they go on to shortlist people after they've met the criteria.
When do you think they'll let you know if your going onto 1-2-1 assessment?
Marie281
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been waiting since mid July to hear if I've made it to the 1-2-1 assessment, after hearing I've passed the telephone interview.

Does anyone know when these apprenticeships start?
Jaymo10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
According to a report in the press a while back the new RBS apprenticeships start in October!
Since July is a looooooong time to be expected to wait!
Do they let us know even if we're unsuccessful? Does anyone know? 😱
KaidouT100B
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's absolutely ridiculous, mid july and not a word back!!!!
They should keep people undated. Then again it's understandable if it starts in October and the deadline was only last week.
Hopefully next couple of weeks should be more than enough time....
Marie281
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know it's been a very long time!
I would like to think I've been quite patient. I have considered emailing them to ask what is happening but I've been holding it off, I don't know why...

Hopefully I will hear back from them within a few days, if not I'll have to contact them.
Marie281
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
According to a report in the press a while back the new RBS apprenticeships start in October!
Since July is a looooooong time to be expected to wait!
Do they let us know even if we're unsuccessful? Does anyone know? 😱
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll let us know if we're unsuccessful. When I checked my application, it says 'under consideration.' I really hope I get it though!

What location is your apprenticeship that you've applied for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (216)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (58)
14.04%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (139)
33.66%

Watched Threads