The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What do they mean by that? No January modules? No resits? What exactly ... ?
Butterfly
What do they mean by that? No January modules? No resits? What exactly ... ?

I would say it probably means no resits.
I'm assuming they mean no January modules. There has been some press coverage in Northern Ireland of the change in the points but I've heard nothing about sitting the A2s in one go. We may await publication of the 2005 syllabus.
earthmother
I'm assuming they mean no January modules. There has been some press coverage in Northern Ireland of the change in the points but I've heard nothing about sitting the A2s in one go. We may await publication of the 2005 syllabus.

What exactly are january modules?

Are you applying to trinity too?
roxy potter
What exactly are january modules?

Are you applying to trinity too?

Heavens no! I was at TCD in the seventies. But my children are at the age to do so now. One was accepted last year but opted to go to England instead. But I've one doing A2s next year. She would normally sit at least one of her modules in some subjects in January. If it didn't go well, she could repeat.

I'm not sure if "at one sitting" means all subjects at the same time or if they just mean you can't repeat a module to get a better mark.

And yes, I know, if you're a Leaving Cert student that all seems very unfair! That's presumably why they are narrowing the differential between the two. Although even as it stands anything with more than 570 points is impossible with A levels.
earthmother

And yes, I know, if you're a Leaving Cert student that all seems very unfair! That's presumably why they are narrowing the differential between the two. Although even as it stands anything with more than 570 points is impossible with A levels.

its pratically impossible even when you are doing the leaving lol.

how did you find trinity?
t
he course i want to do is law. last year it was 570* in the first round but it is thought with the new comparisons coming in that the grades might go down a small bit.
earthmother
The 2004 prospectus states that from 2005 all A2s will have to be taken at one sitting.

I think that already is the case. Infact they refuse to recognise one of my A Levels simply because the certificate was issued a month late! Despite the fact I didnt resit a single module and it was from the same academic year as the others. .Fortunately I did four A Levels.

Latest

Trending

Trending