The Student Room Group

Access course info- help?!

I left school in June 2013, and started my AS Levels in September 2013. I was admitted to hospital in November 2013 and wasn't discharged until May 2014, so I missed 6 months of college. I officially left (as throughout the time of me being registered with but not in college I was marked as "absent for medical reasons") on the agreement I could start my AS levels again in September 2014. I got a full time job and then left the job just before returning to college in September. After about 2 weeks of being in college I was admitted to hospital again, but this time it was only for 3 weeks. I was doing 3 AS Levels but a couple of months ago I dropped down to 2 because I wasn't coping (I'm still not really adjusted to the real world after so long in hospital tbh... I was very disconnected from life and have not really bounced back from being institutionalized.

I was talking to my student advisor and she suggested doing an access course at the college instead of A2. I think this is a great idea as they do access course in teaching which is what I want to do. I'm 18 now, I'll be 19 next Feb, so she has to check that I'll be able to do the course because I'm not 19 but she said it should be allowed due to the circumstances.

Has anyone got experience of being under 19 and doing an access course? If so, did you have to pay for the course or was you funded for it by the college?

Also, how did you find/are you finding the course? What is the age range of people on your course?

Just spoke to my student advisor and found out I can do the course because I'm over 18 and will turn 19 in the academic year, and also it's free :smile: So pleased I can actually relax and enjoy summer once college is finished next week. I've been stressing about what I am going to do with my life lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending