The Student Room Group

MIssing offer by one grade - can I still get in?

I have gotten an unconditional offer for nursing in Hertfordshire. At my interview when my maths was being checked I had a D in my leaving certificate but I showed him my junior certificate which was a B and he said that was fine. I recently realised that the GCSE is equivalent to the leaving certificate. Can I be rejected the course in September when they are rechecking qualifications on induction day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ness21
I have gotten an unconditional offer for nursing in Hertfordshire. At my interview when my maths was being checked I had a D in my leaving certificate but I showed him my junior certificate which was a B and he said that was fine. I recently realised that the GCSE is equivalent to the leaving certificate. Can I be rejected the course in September when they are rechecking qualifications on induction day?

Yes it can be grounds for them to withdraw their offer.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
Reply 2
Even though it will be their mistake?

Original post by simondo93
Yes it can be grounds for them to withdraw their offer.

Original post by Ness21
Even though it will be their mistake?

can prove that?

Reply 4
Well they have given me an unconditional offer after seeing my qualifications at my interview and i have put that uni as my firm choice.
can prove that?

Original post by Ness21
Well they have given me an unconditional offer after seeing my qualifications at my interview and i have put that uni as my firm choice.

What does your UCAS application say? Have you listed the correct grade?

Reply 6
It says congtatulations, your place at University of hertfordshire for adult nursing has been confirmed. Ya i showed them all my grades at my interview but i think he may have gotten confused with my junior and leaving certificate results?QUOTE=simondo93;57145091]What does your UCAS application say? Have you listed the correct grade?

Reply 7
Original post by kaaavya
Hi,

I firmed my unconditional offer last week and since then my resit results have come through (which were low and did not meet their entry standards). Since firming my offer they have not sent me my welcome pack but UCAS have sent me my confirmation letter.

Is it possible for a university to change my offer after I firm it?

Thanks

Unconditional means unconditional and yay im from hertfordshire.
Original post by Ness21
It says congtatulations, your place at University of hertfordshire for adult nursing has been confirmed. Ya i showed them all my grades at my interview but i think he may have gotten confused with my junior and leaving certificate results?

I'm not on about that. I'm asking in your initial application did you put the correct grade?

Original post by Ness21
It says congtatulations, your place at University of hertfordshire for adult nursing has been confirmed. Ya i showed them all my grades at my interview but i think he may have gotten confused with my junior and leaving certificate results?

Simply put, if a university thinks you have grades/qualifications that you don't have and you don't call them to correct the mistake then yes your offer can be withdrawn.

Reply 10
Ya i had all my peoper results in my application.
I'm not on about that. I'm asking in your initial application did you put the correct grade?

Reply 11
Ok, but they have seen my results. What should i do?
Simply put, if a university thinks you have grades/qualifications that you don't have and you don't call them to correct the mistake then yes your offer can be withdrawn.

Original post by Ness21
Ok, but they have seen my results. What should i do?

I would just give admissions a call and correct the mistake. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Reply 13
Ok, thanks for your help.
I would just give admissions a call and correct the mistake. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Original post by Ness21
Ok, thanks for your help.

No problem, for the record I don't think they would be likely to withdraw their offer for this. However it is possible and has happened before. I do think your worrying about something and nothing.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ness21

the nmc says you have to have a c or equivalent to do nursing so i m afraid they might reject you for it
Original post by claireestelle
the nmc says you have to have a c or equivalent to do nursing so i m afraid they might reject you for it

Exactly so it's best to check with the university immediately after spotting the mistake. Because it could change everything.

Exactly so it's best to check with the university immediately after spotting the mistake. Because it could change everything.

i d check with them i m afraid
Original post by claireestelle
i d check with them i m afraid

That's what I said.

Reply 19
Sobif i move over from ireland in September they could just tell me i have no place?that is lousey. It might be fine since he seen my results and has copies of them but im just really worried about it now.
That's what I said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending