Open degree vs natural sciences Watch

lrramps
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I started with open university after me contacting a brick uni who advised me to take sk277 to be accepted to study with them. I enrolled k101 first as sk277 was advising to take that first and then did sk277. Then I have decided to continue with open university enrolling for open degree (BD). I then took modules mu123, sdk228, s250. This year I have decided to change my degree to natural sciences and enrolled for s283 and s141. I will have to take additional s104 and unlink k101. I haven't changed it yet as noticed it is available until December 2017. So I will enrol to new degree that will replace natural sciences as I am sure I cant finish my studies by December 2017. I wanted to take s104 as compulsory for natural science but when the new degree to replace natural sciences that will come into effect be still counted towards whatever new degree replacing natural science. I haven't got time to waste! Anybody knows what degree will replace natural sciences and how can I plan my studies?
Lambert87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The degree replacing Natural Science is in fact Natural Science you just go into the new Q64 rather than B64 degree and it's essentially the same but with some limitations...

S104 will be a breeze since you have done SK277 as you know how OU works and the level of detail required in TMAs... Have you thought about open degree instead though? That could be a better option for you? You then wouldn't need to go back to S104?

-------------------------------------------
If I help at all, please press the thumbs up :-)
lrramps
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Lambert87)
The degree replacing Natural Science is in fact Natural Science you just go into the new Q64 rather than B64 degree and it's essentially the same but with some limitations...

S104 will be a breeze since you have done SK277 as you know how OU works and the level of detail required in TMAs... Have you thought about open degree instead though? That could be a better option for you? You then wouldn't need to go back to S104?

-------------------------------------------
If I help at all, please press the thumbs up :-)
Thank you. I am already on open degree but wanted a named degree for a better chance on employment. I have enrolled s104 since then to start from january. I found out I cant change my BD degree to a QD degree as I would lose my TA if I do. So planning to keep open degree until my TA runs out. Its all sorted now. Thank you with the encouragement of me taking s104. I feel confident now lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.56%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.31%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (120)
40.68%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.42%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise