How To Calculate BTEC Level 3 Grades. Watch

yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ckfeister)
1. You are doing BTEC because 3 A-Levels would be too much for you basically.
2. The reason why BTEC is more content is because 1. it's modular and 2. almost all coursework
I'm not doing a BTEC, I did a BTEC a few years ago and how do mean i wouldnt cope with A levels? Im at university and have done better than people on my degree course this year who got in with A levels, you clearly dont know what youre talking about, you will realise that youre wrong one day when you leave school, grow up and realise that A levels mean nothing in the real world, and as i said im at a higher point in education than A levels and alsi i have taken A level exams and they are easy from what i learnt on my BTEC (Computing is at least)
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
I teach BTEC. Have you seen the amount of work and the level of content they have to know to complete each assignment? We still have our D* BTEC students still coming in to college to finish things because they have to do so much and it needs to be absolutely perfect to get the grades. They have a better understanding of computing than my A level students and I could ask them to do much more advanced things with a lot less support. A level is just teaching to exam.

They are academically on the same level and they are both valued at uni and the workplace. They both put in the same amount of work, just in slightly different ways but I definitely know who I would rather be designing and maintaining my systems. Both sets of students are off to excellent universities and they've worked hard to get there.

So stop whinging about a qualification you know little about. Until you've seen first hand the challenge of both, you are not in a position to put either of those qualifications down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completly agree!

Especially in the IT sector, there is so much that A level Computing misses out on which is so relavant if you want a career in software engineering (which a lot of them do), the struture and scenario of the programming modules, the SD & D and SA & D (6 & 11) and the work placement is so beneficial and not covered in Computing A level, the BTEC is much better in my opinion

And that is exactly what my teachers used to say (even the ones who only taught A level) - they would much rather hire some one with a BTEC in IT over someone with just 3 A levels in similar subjects
S.abdulle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I am very confused on how the grading works. I am doing BTEC level 3 national extended diploma health and social care. We do 12 units all together(meaning 6 in year one and 6 in year two) where 4 of the 12 are exams. So each year we’ve done two exams. How do we get graded as I seen on uni websites that you get three grades? I’m totally confused on how the final grades works. Any help
morningstar461
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by S.abdulle)
Hi I am very confused on how the grading works. I am doing BTEC level 3 national extended diploma health and social care. We do 12 units all together(meaning 6 in year one and 6 in year two) where 4 of the 12 are exams. So each year we’ve done two exams. How do we get graded as I seen on uni websites that you get three grades? I’m totally confused on how the final grades works. Any help
An extended diploma is equivalent to 3 a levels, so you get 3 grades at the end which are calculated from your grades on each unit. There's a grade calculator on the BTEC website here https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (142)
13.31%
Excited (96)
9%
Worried (198)
18.56%
Terrified (239)
22.4%
Meh (84)
7.87%
Confused (31)
2.91%