my expected results Watch

sarah1001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im predicted to get 10 a/a* but im predicting myself that i will get 6 a*-b and 4 D/U grades.

Are these results really bad? im really worried
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
6 a* to b is pretty good,its very difficult to get a U at gcse so i doubt you ve done anywhere near that bad. If you ve got good grades in the subjects that are relevant to your future plans i wouldnt worry too much.
sarah1001
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
6 a* to b is pretty good,its very difficult to get a U at gcse so i doubt you ve done anywhere near that bad. If you ve got good grades in the subjects that are relevant to your future plans i wouldnt worry too much.
Thankyou!!
Chylz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep same thing as Claire said, you'll probably be in for a pleasant surprise on results day and i'm sure you've done fine. Good luck!
Rainbowhorror01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sarah1001)
Im predicted to get 10 a/a* but im predicting myself that i will get 6 a*-b and 4 D/U grades.

You only need 5 A*-C grades anyway
As long as the A*s include English and Maths (and the sciences if you wanna do them at A-level), you're fine ;D
My sister recently got an offer from Lancaster University to study Physics (Lancaster is one of the best universities for physics, after Oxford) and she got A*AABC at iGCSE
iMacJack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I'm predicting around 18 A*'s, I'll be really disappointed if I only get 17 A*'s and an A though
ValarMorghulis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your predicted results are still good! Personally, I imagine that you've probably done a lot better than you predict, and that you're probably closer to the 10 A*/A prediction.
I thought I did really badly while I was taking my GCSEs (I came out of numerous exams crying because I thought that there was no way I even passed), so I was completely surprised when I got 8 A*s and 4 As.

Good luck on results day! I hope you get the results you want!
Pure class
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Rainbowhorror01;57175411]You only need 5 A*-C grades anyway
As long as the A*s include English and Maths (and the sciences if you wanna do them at A-level), you're fine ;D
My sister recently got an offer from Lancaster University to study Physics (Lancaster is one of the best universities for physics, after Oxford) and she got A*AABC at iGCSE[/QUOTE

I think i may have got a lot of As instead of A stars so like 3 or 4 a stars and like 4 or 5 as can go to a top 5 russel group uni
User1686961
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by web-girl)
Can you even do 18 GCSE's? :shock:
If so, which ones are you doing??
He's joking.
KittyRe-play
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol you're so gullible....just like me! But yeah I'd say max it's around 15 GCSEs that one can actually cope with.
ValarMorghulis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Pure class;57176237]
(Original post by Rainbowhorror01)
You only need 5 A*-C grades anyway
My sister recently got an offer from Lancaster University to study Physics (Lancaster is one of the best universities for physics, after Oxford) and she got A*AABC at iGCSE[/QUOTE

I think i may have got a lot of As instead of A stars so like 3 or 4 a stars and like 4 or 5 as can go to a top 5 russel group uni
Yeah, sure! They are still excellent results! Most universities don't put too much emphasis on GCSE results; it's more about having great AS grades, A2 predictions, personal statement, interview, etc. Even places like Oxford and Cambridge don't really care much what you got at GCSE. However, good grades at GCSE such as those could work favourably for you in the future.

As long as you stay on the right track and get good A Level grades and experience, you should have a fairly decent chance at going to a top university. Keep up the good work and you'll be fine.
KittyRe-play
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

:ahhhhh:
Haha cute
iMacJack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Joking ofc. Imitating most people here
Password911
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Received an email about the applying for accomodation on the 24th did anyone else?
sarah1001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chylz)
Yep same thing as Claire said, you'll probably be in for a pleasant surprise on results day and i'm sure you've done fine. Good luck!
thankyou!
sarah1001
Rep:
?
(Original post by iMacJack)
Yeah I'm predicting around 18 A*'s, I'll be really disappointed if I only get 17 A*'s and an A though
yeah it would be really disappointing if you get that
Pure class
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=ValarMorghulis;57176631]
(Original post by Pure class)

Yeah, sure! They are still excellent results! Most universities don't put too much emphasis on GCSE results; it's more about having great AS grades, A2 predictions, personal statement, interview, etc. Even places like Oxford and Cambridge don't really care much what you got at GCSE. However, good grades at GCSE such as those could work favourably for you in the future.

As long as you stay on the right track and get good A Level grades and experience, you should have a fairly decent chance at going to a top university. Keep up the good work and you'll be fine.
Thanks a lot that has helped me feel a lot more relaxed
PrincessAnna
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
mine are much worser then your predictions
fyrestrix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sarah1001)

10 a/a* too 6a*-b thats a big difference
Either you have high expectations or your really good!
Anyway. With those results I don't need too even answer - you know what I mean because it doesn't take someone with high expectations too realise these are good. If not... I feel like your trying too show your "smartness" too others, even though the majority of TSR compiles of mostly the kind which are intellectual.
Though this can be argued for!
You are indeed clever
PS- Your grades are predicted so its your choice to reach these targets since it seems your teachers know about you - than yourself! lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%