Turn on thread page Beta

Driving Test!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like 1 harsh examiner, where did you do it?

Phil

ReputationRep:
    Well, failed it with 2 majors, 1 for not seeing a stop sign and second for returning to left lane without giving sufficient space. Ah well... gonna book a second.

ReputationRep:
    I have my first test today.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, all this talk of driving tests ... my birthday is December and I'm 18 now, so that means I've been able to take driving lessons for about a year and a half now, and guess what, I've never set foot in the driving seat of a car! I don't know why, but I haven't really been interested in spending a fortune on lessons, a car, insurance, the tests etc. I'm probably the only person in my circle of friends who hasn't taken a driving lesson, lol. Now I'm off to uni in October, so I don't know when I'll get the chance to learn, but as I'm going to uni in London (grades dependent), a car would be pretty pointless. I want to do it before I finish uni though, as potential employers might prefer to employ someone with a driving license...

Good luck Nylex BTW.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Nylex.
    Phil

ReputationRep:
    I did my test twice in sunny old bournemouth where the examiners are all twisted and evil. Has anyone else had major problems trying to book a test lately. I've tried everyday for about a month and I still can't get through to a human on the phone. Ahhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by PHIL
    Good luck Nylex.
    Phil
    Thanx (to Richard too). I failed though, 3 majors.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Nylex
    Thanx (to Richard too). I failed though, 3 majors.
    Bad luck, I wouldn't worry though as I know someone who took six attempts to pass!

What did you do to get the majors? Did you get 0 minors?

ReputationRep:
    would that person be me? cos i did to!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Ollie
    would that person be me? cos i did to!
    LOL, no it's one of my offline friends. BTW, no offence was intended to anyone who took six (or more) attempts to pass! I think driving tests are more of a lottery than a measure of skill; it all seems to depend more on what you encounter on the day and your examiner than anything else.

I can't really talk though, as as I've said, I've never driven before in my life, I don't even have a provisional license yet!

ReputationRep:
    lol, none taken! i consider my self severly messed around by them, see above

ReputationRep:
    I have my test coming up soon too. I'm so nervous. Had my mock test today and failed with 2 majors and 8 minors. The majors were so stupid- stuff I never do, but which is really dangerous! Like zooming across a give way sign! *sigh* I really hope that I'll improve before the test. I'm praying for a nice examiner!

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Ollie
    ... how do u find out the pass rates for centres? ...
    Try http://www.2pass.co.uk/passrates.htm.

ReputationRep:
    youll be fine, just try to relax, talk tot he examiner if poss, and exaderate things like mirrors.

Originally posted by rahaydenuk
    LOL, all this talk of driving tests ... my birthday is December and I'm 18 now, so that means I've been able to take driving lessons for about a year and a half now, and guess what, I've never set foot in the driving seat of a car! I don't know why, but I haven't really been interested in spending a fortune on lessons, a car, insurance, the tests etc. I'm probably the only person in my circle of friends who hasn't taken a driving lesson, lol. Now I'm off to uni in October, so I don't know when I'll get the chance to learn, but as I'm going to uni in London (grades dependent), a car would be pretty pointless. I want to do it before I finish uni though, as potential employers might prefer to employ someone with a driving license...
    You could always learn after uni. I know loads of peopl who are planning to do exactly that coz they have no need to drive, especially with halls being right next to the uni. out of interest, which london uni r u going to? it isnt imperial is it?

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    You could always learn after uni. I know loads of peopl who are planning to do exactly that coz they have no need to drive, especially with halls being right next to the uni. out of interest, which london uni r u going to? it isnt imperial is it?
    Yep, Imperial's the plan. It's good to hear that you know some people who aren't learning to drive; nearly everyone at my college was doing it!

sorry if u've already answered this, but what are you going to study at imperial?

(if too nosey u dont have 2 reply! )

ReputationRep:
    sorry if u've already answered this, but what are you going to study at imperial?

(if too nosey u dont have 2 reply! )
    MSci Maths with Computing (4 years). That's not nosey at all!

P.S. Ollie, what exactly did you edit on that post above?!

o rite. i'm just interested coz my friend is midway through his computing course at imperial. ur clever bugger 2 b going there!

ReputationRep:
    o rite. i'm just interested coz my friend is midway through his computing course at imperial. ur clever bugger 2 b going there!
    Cool, how's he finding it?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.