This discussion is closed.
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That sounds like 1 harsh examiner, where did you do it?

Phil
rIcHrD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, failed it with 2 majors, 1 for not seeing a stop sign and second for returning to left lane without giving sufficient space. Ah well... gonna book a second.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have my first test today.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOL, all this talk of driving tests ... my birthday is December and I'm 18 now, so that means I've been able to take driving lessons for about a year and a half now, and guess what, I've never set foot in the driving seat of a car! I don't know why, but I haven't really been interested in spending a fortune on lessons, a car, insurance, the tests etc. I'm probably the only person in my circle of friends who hasn't taken a driving lesson, lol. Now I'm off to uni in October, so I don't know when I'll get the chance to learn, but as I'm going to uni in London (grades dependent), a car would be pretty pointless. I want to do it before I finish uni though, as potential employers might prefer to employ someone with a driving license...

Good luck Nylex BTW.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good luck Nylex.
Phil
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did my test twice in sunny old bournemouth where the examiners are all twisted and evil. Has anyone else had major problems trying to book a test lately. I've tried everyday for about a month and I still can't get through to a human on the phone. Ahhhhhhhh
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by PHIL
Good luck Nylex.
Phil
Thanx (to Richard too). I failed though, 3 majors.
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Nylex
Thanx (to Richard too). I failed though, 3 majors.
Bad luck, I wouldn't worry though as I know someone who took six attempts to pass!

What did you do to get the majors? Did you get 0 minors?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
would that person be me? cos i did to!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
would that person be me? cos i did to!
LOL, no it's one of my offline friends. BTW, no offence was intended to anyone who took six (or more) attempts to pass! I think driving tests are more of a lottery than a measure of skill; it all seems to depend more on what you encounter on the day and your examiner than anything else.

I can't really talk though, as as I've said, I've never driven before in my life, I don't even have a provisional license yet!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, none taken! i consider my self severly messed around by them, see above
tweetsy85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have my test coming up soon too. I'm so nervous. Had my mock test today and failed with 2 majors and 8 minors. The majors were so stupid- stuff I never do, but which is really dangerous! Like zooming across a give way sign! *sigh* I really hope that I'll improve before the test. I'm praying for a nice examiner!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
... how do u find out the pass rates for centres? ...
Try http://www.2pass.co.uk/passrates.htm.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
youll be fine, just try to relax, talk tot he examiner if poss, and exaderate things like mirrors.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
LOL, all this talk of driving tests ... my birthday is December and I'm 18 now, so that means I've been able to take driving lessons for about a year and a half now, and guess what, I've never set foot in the driving seat of a car! I don't know why, but I haven't really been interested in spending a fortune on lessons, a car, insurance, the tests etc. I'm probably the only person in my circle of friends who hasn't taken a driving lesson, lol. Now I'm off to uni in October, so I don't know when I'll get the chance to learn, but as I'm going to uni in London (grades dependent), a car would be pretty pointless. I want to do it before I finish uni though, as potential employers might prefer to employ someone with a driving license...
You could always learn after uni. I know loads of peopl who are planning to do exactly that coz they have no need to drive, especially with halls being right next to the uni. out of interest, which london uni r u going to? it isnt imperial is it?
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
You could always learn after uni. I know loads of peopl who are planning to do exactly that coz they have no need to drive, especially with halls being right next to the uni. out of interest, which london uni r u going to? it isnt imperial is it?
Yep, Imperial's the plan. It's good to hear that you know some people who aren't learning to drive; nearly everyone at my college was doing it!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
sorry if u've already answered this, but what are you going to study at imperial?

(if too nosey u dont have 2 reply! )
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry if u've already answered this, but what are you going to study at imperial?

(if too nosey u dont have 2 reply! )
MSci Maths with Computing (4 years). That's not nosey at all!

P.S. Ollie, what exactly did you edit on that post above?!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
o rite. i'm just interested coz my friend is midway through his computing course at imperial. ur clever bugger 2 b going there!
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
o rite. i'm just interested coz my friend is midway through his computing course at imperial. ur clever bugger 2 b going there!
Cool, how's he finding it?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (84)
13.98%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (49)
8.15%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (75)
12.48%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (67)
11.15%
Other reasons are stopping me going (79)
13.14%
Nothing is stopping me going (247)
41.1%

Watched Threads