This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#41
Report 16 years ago
#41
richard, i just condenced 2 posts
0
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#42
Report 16 years ago
#42
Originally posted by Ollie
richard, i just condenced 2 posts
LOL, ok. I was just curious.
0
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#43
Report 16 years ago
#43
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
Bad luck, I wouldn't worry though as I know someone who took six attempts to pass!

What did you do to get the majors? Did you get 0 minors?
Oops, I should have said I got 9 minors, lol.

The major things: I didn't look in the mirrors before I changed lane on a roundabout, I started braking too late after driving on a 40 MPH road and almost hit the car in front. The last thing was I didn't give enough clearance to parked cars.. arghhhh.
0
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#44
Report 16 years ago
#44
Originally posted by Nylex
The major things: I didn't look in the mirrors before I changed lane on a roundabout, I started braking too late after driving on a 40 MPH road and almost hit the car in front. The last thing was I didn't give enough clearance to parked cars.. arghhhh.
Oh well, hopefully you won't make the same mistakes next time!
0
Unregistered
Badges:
#45
Report 16 years ago
#45
Ive had 5 lessons and Ive booked my test. Ive been told im one of the best students he has tought. But I failed my theory the first time.

He said if I fail the test, he would 'eat his hat'

lol.


my test is on Sept 18th at 9:37 (whats with the 37 ?)
0
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
#46
Report 16 years ago
#46
Originally posted by Unregistered
Ive had 5 lessons and Ive booked my test. Ive been told im one of the best students he has tought. But I failed my theory the first time.

He said if I fail the test, he would 'eat his hat'

lol.


my test is on Sept 18th at 9:37 (whats with the 37 ?)
Good luck with your test, even though there's still lots of time left.

The test times are strange aren't they?! I had mine at 11:41, lol.
0
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#47
Report 16 years ago
#47
Mine was 11.33!!! I didn't really get why they didn't just say 11.30. On my mock test I got 7 majors and 19 minors lol!!! But then I did my real test 3 weeks later in the pouring rain and passed with 5 minors which was v.impressive i thought. But I did have a really nice examiner who made me feel relaxed before we'd even left the test centre so I think that had something to do with it.
0
Unregistered
Badges:
#48
Report 16 years ago
#48
Originally posted by Nylex
Good luck with your test, even though there's still lots of time left.

The test times are strange aren't they?! I had mine at 11:41, lol.

They actually have official allocated times for driving tests, they are, according to the DSA site:

Practical Test Times

08:40

09:37

10:44

11:41

13:33

14:30

15:27


Practical tests are generally available at all permanent test centres - times as shown.

Saturday and weekday evening tests, subject to resources being available, are offered at a premium rate.


Is there anyone stranger than the DSA....or wait maybe the DVLA.
0
Unregistered
Badges:
#49
Report 16 years ago
#49
Originally posted by rahaydenuk
Cool, how's he finding it?
very tough to be honest. its a challenging course. but if ur hobbies are computing u should find it just fine. have to say tho, his brainy friend who gets firsts every year started off doing a computing & joint math course, but ended up converting it to computer science coz the joint was just too much. the good thing is, u can change ur mind midway thro the course if ur finding it difficult. i think he switched after the 2nd year of the 4 year course.
0
cricket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#50
Report 16 years ago
#50
Well at least all of you know how to drive, i'm 15 and haven't really learned yet. My dad says I probably won't learn because I'm to short. I'm 5 foot 2 inches and I can barely reach the pedals. It's hard enough for me to even see over the dashboard. Sigh, oh well,I'll learn eventually. Not that I really want to. When my sister learned to drive, my mom made her drive everywhere. And now, she is used to do erronds like going out to get some sugar, or to go to the bank, blah blah blah. All I can say is, now that she's going to college in a year, that'll be me going to the store all of the time, that is if I can drive by then.
0
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
#51
Report 16 years ago
#51
Originally posted by Fishy Wings
Ive failed 4 times now!! and im not a happy chappy!

I failed this time because I didn't look in my rear view mirror 4 times which makes it a serious, im sure i did every time!!!

i had it at 8:40 at sutton in ashfield in Nottingham shire where the pass rate is 33%.

Has anyone had a similar experience, I would like to know.

Fishy Wings.
Arghhh!! 33%?!?! I've got my test there in a couple of weeks! I'm dreading it 'cos there's no way I'm gonna pass the damn thing!!!
0
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#52
Report 16 years ago
#52
Originally posted by Unregistered
very tough to be honest. its a challenging course. but if ur hobbies are computing u should find it just fine. have to say tho, his brainy friend who gets firsts every year started off doing a computing & joint math course, but ended up converting it to computer science coz the joint was just too much. the good thing is, u can change ur mind midway thro the course if ur finding it difficult. i think he switched after the 2nd year of the 4 year course.
Yeah, I've heard that the joint course is a higher workload than either of just maths alone or comp. sci. alone. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.
0
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#53
Report 16 years ago
#53
Originally posted by cricket
Well at least all of you know how to drive, i'm 15 and haven't really learned yet. My dad says I probably won't learn because I'm to short. I'm 5 foot 2 inches and I can barely reach the pedals. It's hard enough for me to even see over the dashboard. Sigh, oh well,I'll learn eventually. Not that I really want to. When my sister learned to drive, my mom made her drive everywhere. And now, she is used to do erronds like going out to get some sugar, or to go to the bank, blah blah blah. All I can say is, now that she's going to college in a year, that'll be me going to the store all of the time, that is if I can drive by then.

im 2 inches shorter than you- so your definatly tall enough to drive , just sit on a cusion!!

however, it will take you longer to pass - i took 4 times and my fellow short friend took 6 times, its to do with looking younger because your shorter- and the examinor told me that.

love Katy ***
0
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#54
Report 16 years ago
#54
Was that the examiner who passed you?

Phil
0
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#55
Report 16 years ago
#55
nope, that was the first examinor who had me - head of examinors in cardiff. i then swaped centres- coz it's too expensive! so i finally passed with a guy who lives 2 streets away from my mum! which helped i think!!!

love Katy ***
0
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#56
Report 16 years ago
#56
You could have accused him of being sizeist or something stupid like that, and brought him to court and sued him.

Phil
0
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#57
Report 16 years ago
#57
except it would b my word against his- and he could claim i was bitter coz he'd just failed me because i couldnt reverse around a corner!

love Katy ***
0
Unregistered
Badges:
#58
Report 16 years ago
#58
yeh! i'm short too and realised that reverse around the corner is really hard. my instructor says i have 2 be able to see the corner in my back window before i turn the steering wheel, but coz i'm so short the corner never appears in my back windown so i always dunno when 2 turn!!
0
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
#59
Report 16 years ago
#59
Can't you get some kind of booster seat thingy?

There has to be some designed for adults cos there's thousands of short people in the UK who drive!?

Failing that just pile the cushions on
0
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#60
Report 16 years ago
#60
Originally posted by ickle_katy
except it would b my word against his- and he could claim i was bitter coz he'd just failed me because i couldnt reverse around a corner!

love Katy ***
That's true. still at least you've passed now.

Phil
0
X
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.1%
No (603)
65.9%

Watched Threads

View All