This discussion is closed.
cricket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't want to have to sit on a booster seat to drive, don't you think that would be a little embarissing?
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, it would, but it's probably better than not driving at all.
Phil
cricket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I guess so, but still the thought of having to do that. I'd be branded for life. Especially by my sister. She'd probably pick at me about it for a while.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could always get a height adjustable seat installed in your car, or add padding to the driver's set, so its less obvious.

Phil
tweetsy85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whoooo hooo!! I just passed my driving test! I'm so happy!!!!!
T'was my very first time and I was absolutely wrecked with nerves!! Went to bed last night at 10pm and could only fall asleep by 2am!! I'm so happy its over!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey, does anyone know how to apply for a driving licence after passing? everywhere I read it says you have to fill out a D750 form, but when I went to the postoffice, they said they didn't make them anymore! help!
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cricket)
I don't want to have to sit on a booster seat to drive, don't you think that would be a little embarissing?
Aww I didn't mean it nastily!!

Well done tweetsy!! I passed for the first time this afternoon, too!!
juliap
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I passed a year ago first time, and the independence is great! I can't believe those figures for pass rate, is that first time pass rate? My driving instructor had a pass rate of 94%.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by juliap)
I passed a year ago first time, and the independence is great! I can't believe those figures for pass rate, is that first time pass rate? My driving instructor had a pass rate of 94%.
So he told you.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well done for passing.
I also found the independance is great, but am still faced with a problem. Before, I couldn't get to pubs, etc. so had to stay at home, but now that I can drive, I can get to the pub, but can't drink, so there's almost no point, as I hate watching other people drinking if I can't. That's why I want a uni i a town, so I can just stumble home from the pub at night.

Phil
tweetsy85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Surfing Hamster)
Aww I didn't mean it nastily!!

Well done tweetsy!! I passed for the first time this afternoon, too!!
Congrats!! *throws confetti over hamsters head* Its the best feeling in the world!
failure
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi all,

I am new to the board and just didn't know what to do with myself, since I just failed my third driving test 2 hours ago

I had my test at the gedling test centre in Nottigham and right now feel like giving up.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by failure)
Hi all,

I am new to the board and just didn't know what to do with myself, since I just failed my third driving test 2 hours ago

I had my test at the gedling test centre in Nottigham and right now feel like giving up.
welcome, sorry to hear about that, but don't give up, just percevere, 3 times isn't too bad. you waitin for ASs or A2s?

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Me too. I have failed my 3rd and each time I'm so close. But my nerves get the worse of me and I cant think straight. Also I err on the side of being over-cautious which is why I failed 3 times.

Crap because normally I am a very safe and competent driver but the examiners reduce me to jelly.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
over here (on the isle of man) u can start driving as soon as you're 16 which is kool, so theoretically u can pass sooner!! altho that is not always the case! i turned 16 in may and have had 7 lessons as i only got insured on our car at the beginning of july... but hopefully will be able to pass before my 17th!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
over here (on the isle of man) u can start driving as soon as you're 16 which is kool, so theoretically u can pass sooner!! altho that is not always the case
That's weird, as I'd have thought it would be 17 just like the rest of the UK.

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
nope! as soon as we are 16 we can get our provisional and start driving, thats one of the only advantages of living over here!!
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tweetsy85)
Congrats!! *throws confetti over hamsters head* Its the best feeling in the world!
Woooo!!!! *jumps around wiv tweetsy*
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
nope! as soon as we are 16 we can get our provisional and start driving, thats one of the only advantages of living over here!!
I'm guessing though that even if you get your licence at 16, you can't drive on the mainland till you're 17.

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yes that is true...
i know someone who has jus moved to england who is 16, they'd had four lessons over here and now theyve moved they cant get any more lessons til next march when theyre 17... and they are pretty peeved over it... i'd find it quite annoying.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (293)
34.19%
No (564)
65.81%

Watched Threads