Turn on thread page Beta

Driving Test!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    yes that is true...
    i know someone who has jus moved to england who is 16, they'd had four lessons over here and now theyve moved they cant get any more lessons til next march when theyre 17... and they are pretty peeved over it... i'd find it quite annoying.
    That would definitely suck

Phil

i know quite a few ppl who turned 16 in september and they've already passed!!! so for me being born in may has its disadvantages....

ReputationRep:
    i know quite a few ppl who turned 16 in september and they've already passed!!! so for me being born in may has its disadvantages....
    Yeah but it means you can get driven around by your mates, so don't have to pay for petrol, and can drink without having to worry about needing to drive home. enjoy it while it lasts.

Phil

hmm i suppose but it would still be better to have freedom to get in the car and drive off whenever i wanted.... i cant wait til ive passed, and if im gonna be drinkin i'll crash out at someones house nearby or get a taxi, then hey, no probs!

ReputationRep:
    hmm i suppose but it would still be better to have freedom to get in the car and drive off whenever i wanted.... i cant wait til ive passed, and if im gonna be drinkin i'll crash out at someones house nearby or get a taxi, then hey, no probs!
    That's true, but I was just tryin to make ya feel better and be positive

Phil

cheers, and it did!!i suppose it could be worse, i could have to wait til im 17... no offense to any one who does tho... thats jus how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    cheers, and it did!!i suppose it could be worse, i could have to wait til im 17... no offense to any one who does tho... thats jus how it goes.
    Seein as how most people on this forum will have to wait till 17, saying that ain't the best way to win friends

Phil

i was just meaning that over here has less advantages than being over in england.....there is naff all to do over here and unless ur 18 and can go out to places u are screwed!

ok, my second test is in 2days.....i think i can pass this time, just all u ppl pray for me at 9:47 on sat 23rd aug...
    thanks
    scott

failed the seventh time *sob*

ReputationRep:
    to get thru to a person when booking ur test dial 08700 101 372 and press **111... u'll get straight thru!!!

Ive failed twice and i was so nervous on my 2nd one it was ridiculous... we got to the test centre (loughton) and i realised i hadnt brought anything with me... no provisional license, no theory certificate nothing... luckily i had my photocard so got away with it. I cant even blame it on the examiner because he let me try my paralell park three times!!! First time i hit the kerb, then i mounted it and then i ended at a funny angle!! Then i tried to pull away and stalled about 4 times coz my legs were shaking with nerves. I think i mite even have got away with it if i hadnt come up to a blind corner too fast and he had to put the brake on so i had no chance!

Its so annoying but i know i just have to keep trying... at the end of the day the most important thing is to be a safe driver after ur test... plus i can still go out on the piss at the mo!!!!!

Elysee-loo loo xx

(Original post by Fishy Wings)
    Ive failed 4 times now!! and im not a happy chappy!

I failed this time because I didn't look in my rear view mirror 4 times which makes it a serious, im sure i did every time!!!

i had it at 8:40 at sutton in ashfield in Nottingham shire where the pass rate is 33%.

Has anyone had a similar experience, I would like to know.

Fishy Wings.

Yeah I failed Yesterday at Hove test centre at 8.40am. Observation, which I was looking in my mirror, and driving too slow which I wasn't!
    The only thing is I have another test booked at the same time this time in Brighton, on a thursday aswell. Paranoid now!!

(Original post by emom100)
    My last test I failed for being a "selfish" driver because I should have pulled over to let someone that was blatently speeding go past. I also got another major for following his instructions becasue "in the real world you might not have reliable passengers" Since when is your driving test the real world. All in all I got the grand total of 4 majors 13minors oppps and yes I am still bitter :0)
    u stupid stupid idiot (joke0. ur not spost to pull out on i car derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr?????

ReputationRep:
    I failed my third test at the end of June. Wah.
    I have my fourth on the 12th and I'm bricking it because I know how easy it is to make a mistake, or have an ******** driver make things difficult - my instructor was constantly telling me I'd pass first time, I was a good driver etc. but I always manage to **** something up in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grotbag)
    I failed my third test at the end of June. Wah.
    I have my fourth on the 12th and I'm bricking it because I know how easy it is to make a mistake, or have an ******** driver make things difficult - my instructor was constantly telling me I'd pass first time, I was a good driver etc. but I always manage to **** something up in the end!
    Unfortunately, the driving test is more a question of luck than anything else, but you will pass eventually... believe me! In any case, those who do not pass first time are probably better drivers because they are more aware of their faults and are not as complacent.

(Original post by Elysee-loo loo)
    to get thru to a person when booking ur test dial 08700 101 372 and press **111... u'll get straight thru!!!

First time i hit the kerb, then i mounted it and then i ended at a funny angle!! Then i tried to pull away and stalled about 4 times coz my legs were shaking with nerves. I think i mite even have got away with it if i hadnt come up to a blind corner too fast and he had to put the brake on so i had no chance!
    Did the examiner tell you to do it again each time or did you just get on with it without any questions? I failed my 2nd test for hitting the kerb and only at the end of the test when he failed me did he say that I could have passed had I done the parallel park again! I didn't know this at the time!

But I know what you mean about nerves........a beta blocker moment
    My 4th test is at the end of October - trying to get a date for these tests is a real hassle but I'm not giving up

scott here.I PASSED! thanks.

Today was my first attempt to obtain my licence .............. i ended up with 8 minors.... 4 major faults...........

Today was my first attempt to obtain my licence .............. i ended up with 8 minors.... 4 major faults...........
    hey thats actually really good. 8 minors for a first go is excellent, most pple pass with an average of 12 minors (so my instructor told me). Thos 4 majors were probably from nerves, just let your 1st test be an experience on what a driving test is all about. You'll pass 2nd time for sure!!!

Driving is brilliant until you buy a brand new car that is well nice and then get it keyed all the way down the side the same day you bought it :O(

Not that im bitter or anything!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.