Driving Test!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i know kinda how you feel mate i failed on friday because i hesitated 4 times but surely thats better than taking a massive risk and getting the car smashed in.... it sucks. my test was at 840 too but in newton abbot devon. wot sucks the most is when ya mates can drive but not you! liz b

(Original post by Fishy Wings)
Ive failed 4 times now!! and im not a happy chappy!

I failed this time because I didn't look in my rear view mirror 4 times which makes it a serious, im sure i did every time!!!

i had it at 8:40 at sutton in ashfield in Nottingham shire where the pass rate is 33%.

Has anyone had a similar experience, I would like to know.

Fishy Wings.
Lurker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
i know kinda how you feel mate i failed on friday because i hesitated 4 times but surely thats better than taking a massive risk and getting the car smashed in.... it sucks. my test was at 840 too but in newton abbot devon. wot sucks the most is when ya mates can drive but not you! liz b
Driving tests do suck. I've failed twice now. First time, I had 4 majors, all of which were my own fault, and I admit that. The second time, I was following a lorry down an unfamiliar street, and it stopped at the junction at the end of the street on the wrong side of the road. And there's me, idiot, thinking that oh, if he stopped there this must be a one way street! Apart from that I did fine, just few minors. So I'm hoping next time I won't be so stupid, and I'll assume that everyone else is breaking the law in some way, so it's not a good idea to follow them.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TS2Master)
my friend got no minors, no majors and one dangerous!
oh my god,u are so insensitive (look in the signiture guys) BAD BAD PERSON, beats down with big heavy stick
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
So how long did it take people to pass their test from when they started having lessons? I ask because I'm going on a gap year in 3 months time and would like to learn b4 I go but if it's gonna be pretty impossible there'll be no point in me wasting money having loads of lessons now. Is it possible to be ready in 3 months? I will be able to practice with my mum once I'm safe!! Lol.
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ive failed the driving test 3 times and forgot my license for another lol. needless to say i was pissed off, especially considering on the ones i did take i only got like 6 minors (a harsh major with each)
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So how long did it take people to pass their test from when they started having lessons? I ask because I'm going on a gap year in 3 months time and would like to learn b4 I go but if it's gonna be pretty impossible there'll be no point in me wasting money having loads of lessons now. Is it possible to be ready in 3 months? I will be able to practice with my mum once I'm safe!! Lol.
That really depends on you and how much driving experience you get in 3 months. I've been learning for almost a year now, but I haven't had regular lessons, sometimes only one in a month, and I've never had any practice with my parents. However, I know people who've had a month or so of loads of lessons and practice and have passed straight away.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PHIL)
Was that the examiner who passed you?

Phil
cool as i am going in for my test soon i hope all being well
Jetfire
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Dont give up if you fail. It took me a 3 times before I passed, and I have no problem admitting that. It doesn't mean I am a bad driver, or that everyone that passed first time is a better driver than me.

It is really easy to pass, but then it is just as easy to fail. Having a licence doesn't neccessarily mean you are a safe or good driver. There are some really stupid drivers out there and I assume they all have a licence ( or maybe not?!?!?) Having a driving licence simply means you convinced a complete stranger that you were capable of driving safely for about an hour (or however long a road test takes these days). A lot of my mates that passed before me (some the first time) were complete idiots on the road (and still are) and still continue to do the "little" things that failed me my first and second times. They're crap drivers, it's just they weren't caught being crap during their tests.

Hesitation is possibly the worst reasons for failing a driving test, just because you're actively thinking that you want the examiner to know you're safe.... but then it goes against you!!

I passed after doing my Degree at Manchester, and you'll be really surprised how many people who go to Uni dont have licences yet... So you're not alone (I'd say at least a 1/3 dont!)

If anyone is going to Manchester and they dont have a licence yet, the Cheetham Hill test centre was easier than my first ones elsewhere.

err, I think I've said more than what you needed to hear, but in short: dont worry, you get there in the end, and dont be desponent if you dont pass first time. To be honest, the real learing happens when you finally pass and you are let loose on your own to figure things out for yourself.

Good luck with your lessons and test.
Quasi
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Well, in late night desperation, searching, I found this site, and I read every topic about Driving Tests.

I take my test in about seven hours. I'm a bit petrified, as I wanted to go over my parking and reversing around a corner with my teacher, but she was booked up, and I called in too late. Oh well.

Just to say, your thoughts on it inspired me. I know, it sounds really cheesy, but I'm not as scared of failing now, but I'm a bit more confident. So... thanks.

Goodnight, and if I pass, I'll come back and tell you how it went.

-Quasi
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Took my bike test on Thursday...went like a dream,even the u turn(why do I have to do a u turn? I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING!!!!!
Any way we get back to the test centre and this idiot with his big bike fails me because...I was going too slow on the bypass(35-40 too slow?) and only 30-35 up a hill that has a limit of 60.Downhill with the wind and tide behind it my bike will only do about 55.I always thought that speed limits were there to tell you how fast you are allowed to go,not how fast you have to go.I have been riding bikes/driving cars for 20 odd years,never had an accident,speeding ticket or anything else and this is how they the decide who passes and who fails?i'm not supprised there's so many people driving around illegally.

thanks for letting me rant...............Alan

P.S.The test centre was Gateshead,and they fail car drivers for petty things as well.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
well I passed second time but I'm sure my first test was better. I failed because I was at a traffic lights and didnt notice that they had gone to green for 2 seconds. I spotted it myself he didnt tell me but he said it was dangerous because it would have annoyed other motorists I only got 6 minors on that test and one major. On my second test I got a nice examiner which killed the nerves and got 3 minors

I think alot of it depends which examiner you have my friend passed and she stalled 4 times on her turn in the road and clipped the kerb there is no way my first examiner would have passed me for that.

Just keep going and you will get there eventually. Irecommend getting the 10.44 test the traffic has eased up a bit by then.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
In my town you have to wait for more than 3 months for a test date so you stand no chance.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by edders)
ive failed the driving test 3 times and forgot my license for another lol. needless to say i was pissed off, especially considering on the ones i did take i only got like 6 minors (a harsh major with each)
Licence

It's.... spelt....

Licence
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i just had my first lesson yesterday.

it was quite fun
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
i just had my first lesson yesterday.

it was quite fun
wait till you get to reverse around a corner and roundabouts
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
the best time to have the test is rush hour! less driving
trance_addict
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Fishy Wings)
Ive failed 4 times now!! and im not a happy chappy!

I failed this time because I didn't look in my rear view mirror 4 times which makes it a serious, im sure i did every time!!!

i had it at 8:40 at sutton in ashfield in Nottingham shire where the pass rate is 33%.

Has anyone had a similar experience, I would like to know.

Fishy Wings.
Its a money scam! I’ve failed twice now. The first time was understandable as I caused an oncoming car to stop on a roundabout because of me. But the second time I got 4 majors for very stupid reasons. 3 of them were completely unjustified. I think that it’s an absolute sham that we have to wait 3 months for a driving test slot (getting even longer as I write) and then be failed because the examiners are incompetent and inconsistent. Driving tests are all about luck and potential: how you perform in 40 minutes of driving under INTENSE pressure which really gets to you. Maneuvers and driving are judged on the potential of things happening: If you fail to indicate before changing lane then there is the potential that other road users around you could misjudge you and cause an accident, but what is the probability of this happening if you look in your mirrors and make sure that its safe to complete the maneuver? I think that the problem is the waiting. It’s terrifyingly painful. You should be able to book a test and get it within a couple of weeks. To solve this problem I propose private test centres, independent of the useless DSA be set up, with authorisation from the government and examiner training from the DSA.

As soon as I pass, I’m telling the examiner that I haven’t learnt anything and that I’ll be driving my own way from now on
maljosh
Report 15 years ago
To pass the exam all you gotta do is drive very very slow, and pretend as if you were looking into mirrors as often as possible.. Just look into all directions and be relaxed..
musicfreak
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi Guys

Got my 2nd Driving Test in Bury Lancashire at 2:30pm ( 2moro ) 2nd December !

I have been waiting 3 months for this and last time I got 1 major ( clipping the curb which was really flat ) and 6 minors.

Had another 2 hour driving lesson today and it felt ok, but the amount of things u can fail on is so bad !

Mum and Dad bought me a cheap Rover Metro K Reg, My Dad's just doing it up as it has a few problems. Paid the insurance £76 for a deposit, premium came in at £696 or something like that, getting my car saturday/sunday and even if I dont pass I will still be able to drive but I would rather pass and get it out of the way

Will give u an update 2moro

Fingers crossed
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good luck, just keep relaxed etc. and you should be fine
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise