This discussion is closed.
Cacks
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I have failed four times too!!

About to sit my fifth test on Monday 22nd Dec. People keep telling you, "You'll do it next time!" but its a kit in the teeth each time, totally gutting!!!

But you know what they say if first you don't suceed.............

(Well thats whats getting me through it anyway!!)

Good luck for next time!!
red welly boots
Report 16 years ago
i keep hearing and reading about people who say it was unfair for them to fail their driving test, and i'm sure most of the time they're just annoyed that they failed. i am going to add myself to that list now, but in this instance it really is truely unfair. the only thing i did wrong was in the words of the idiot tester 'took too long to reverse into the car park space'. that is it.
and it was the last thing i had to do. if that isn't some kind of affirmation that they are after your cash, i don't know what is. and that was the third time.
from the last two times, i am not pig-headed enough to argue and say that i should have passed, but for that yesterday, that is a joke. it took 2minutes at the most, and sure, i could maybe have done it quicker, but i had to sit and think what i was doing for a moment. and they tell you to do this in all the blurb you read. and it was in nice and straight in the end. it certainly took no longer than you often see people on the roads and in car parks. some people take longer just to get out of their space. it really is a joke. apparently you can appeal, but the dsa aren't gonna listen to me when he's the tester. an appeal means they foot the bill for the next one.
i did nothing dangerous on the roads, i did have quite a few minors most of which i know why and were mainly down to nerves, though i reckon the more i do it, the less nervous i am.
and the testers just get out of the car and waltz off and most likely don't give their stupid desicions another thought and your the one left dwelling on it, having to fork out another 40 quid and how ever much per lesson between now and the next test. idiots.
hohum
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I for one am glad they fail people so often...I'd be worried if all you have to do to be deemed safe to drive on the roads is turn up to the test centre and drive averagely. Everyone can drive, its not difficult, but being a good driver is a different matter. At the end of the day,even if you have no minors and no majors,you could still be a dangerous driver and not ready to pass the test. The examiners use a certain amount of discretion in deciding whether or not to pass someone, its not just based on the number of minors. For example, I got 13 minors on my test, but still passed. My friend got 10 and failed. She wasn't as confident as I was, and i reckon that made a big difference.

So advice to people who are about to take the test...be confident, let the examiner know that you are not just capable of driving the car for 30 minutes, but you are able to drive damn well. nuff said.
press2play
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have my driving test soon and i'm a good driver but i get so nervous i swear i'll mess it up! aaahhhh
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hohum)
Everyone can drive, its not difficult, but being a good driver is a different matter. At the end of the day,even if you have no minors and no majors,you could still be a dangerous driver and not ready to pass the test.
There is a difference between passing the test and being a good driver. I'm still not a good driver, and I won't be for many years yet, if ever.
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got 4 minors and 3 majors, i deserved one of the majors (went thru a red light ahem) but the other two were silly, i accidentaly left my indicator on, and when i was reverse parking, i did it perfectly but then reversed back in a straight line for a bit because i wasnt sure when he'd want me to stop and he failed me for that because "if there was a car behind i would have crashed into it" IF THERE WAS A CAR THERE I WOULDNT HAVE DONE IT!! grrrr
kita
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by poowpoow)
i got 4 minors and 3 majors, i deserved one of the majors (went thru a red light ahem) but the other two were silly, i accidentaly left my indicator on, and when i was reverse parking, i did it perfectly but then reversed back in a straight line for a bit because i wasnt sure when he'd want me to stop and he failed me for that because "if there was a car behind i would have crashed into it" IF THERE WAS A CAR THERE I WOULDNT HAVE DONE IT!! grrrr
Really??!?! Oh my god, how sad. You shoulkd have pointed that out to him. And i wuda been like rite ok then, il show you without reversing as far if you dont believe i can do it grrrrrr its all a monety making scheme. Ive got my first test on 5th March.
vicky1985
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by press2play)
i have my driving test soon and i'm a good driver but i get so nervous i swear i'll mess it up! aaahhhh
when do u have ur test? mines 2moro. im very nervous too. this is my 3rd atempt now. if u go driving with ur instructor 1st it calms ur nerves down.
press2play
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vicky1985)
when do u have ur test? mines 2moro. im very nervous too. this is my 3rd atempt now. if u go driving with ur instructor 1st it calms ur nerves down.
i had my test thursday morning - passed with 5 minors. i went driving with my instructor first, i was terrified before but for some reason i calmed down as soon as i got in the car. it's great being able to drive, i love it!
good luck with your test!!
DazYa
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Examiners deserve a punch in the face at times.
vicky1985
Report 16 years ago
i had my test thursday morning - passed with 5 minors. i went driving with my instructor first, i was terrified before but for some reason i calmed down as soon as i got in the car. it's great being able to drive, i love it!
good luck with your test!!
congratulations! was that ur 1st time? it would be my dream come true if i pass 2moro. i dont know what ill do if i fail again. i think im a good driving just now and again i make silly mistakes. what manoveres did u do? 5 minors is brill!
last time i failed i got 4 minors but 2 major. i think they was abit harsh!
press2play
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
congratulations! was that ur 1st time? it would be my dream come true if i pass 2moro. i dont know what ill do if i fail again. i think im a good driving just now and again i make silly mistakes. what manoveres did u do? 5 minors is brill!
last time i failed i got 4 minors but 2 major. i think they was abit harsh!
yeah it was my first time .. i didn't tell anyone the date so that eased the pressure a little!
some examiners are really harsh, a friend of mine is a great driver and managed to get 4 majors and 10 minors on her first test!? nerves?! i was lucky on my test, i got a bay-park and a turn-in-the-road! if i'd got a reverse round a corner, as i've said before, i'd have failed cos i just can't do that manoeuvre!!
what time is your test 2moro?? i had the 9.37 test in half term so there was practically no traffic!!
vicky1985
Report 16 years ago
yeah it was my first time .. i didn't tell anyone the date so that eased the pressure a little!
some examiners are really harsh, a friend of mine is a great driver and managed to get 4 majors and 10 minors on her first test!? nerves?! i was lucky on my test, i got a bay-park and a turn-in-the-road! if i'd got a reverse round a corner, as i've said before, i'd have failed cos i just can't do that manoeuvre!!
what time is your test 2moro?? i had the 9.37 test in half term so there was practically no traffic!!
i think people who pass 1st time are so lucky coz its soooo horrible when u fail.
sumtimes i cant do my reservsing on lessons and the two tests i had i had them manoveres and did them fine i cudnt believe it! just hope i have abit of luk 2moro. where did u take ur test? i think i would of passed by now coz the examiners canceled 2 of my tests. idiots! and only coz my examiner was poorly! my test is a 9.40 supose its quite a good time but i hope im not tired with it being so early. wont b able to sleep 2night.
press2play
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think people who pass 1st time are so lucky coz its soooo horrible when u fail.
sumtimes i cant do my reservsing on lessons and the two tests i had i had them manoveres and did them fine i cudnt believe it! just hope i have abit of luk 2moro. where did u take ur test? i think i would of passed by now coz the examiners canceled 2 of my tests. idiots! and only coz my examiner was poorly! my test is a 9.40 supose its quite a good time but i hope im not tired with it being so early. wont b able to sleep 2night.
i couldn't sleep the night before my test either, i bet everyone was the same! i took my test in gloucester, i'm one of very few who pass first time there, my instructor said about it's only about a 14% first time pass rate. it was all down to luck, i swear!
if u do your reversing fine on your tests then it sounds as tho u can handle the situation well - u know u can do it as u said you're a good driver, go out there thinking u want to show off n make the examiner see how good u r!!
all the best - let me know how u get on!
vicky1985
Report 16 years ago
i couldn't sleep the night before my test either, i bet everyone was the same! i took my test in gloucester, i'm one of very few who pass first time there, my instructor said about it's only about a 14% first time pass rate. it was all down to luck, i swear!
if u do your reversing fine on your tests then it sounds as tho u can handle the situation well - u know u can do it as u said you're a good driver, go out there thinking u want to show off n make the examiner see how good u r!!
thank u ill let u no. take care
vicky1985
Report 16 years ago
hiya! went on my test 2day got to the test centre and they canceled it again. this is the 3rd time now. i cant beleive it nob heads!!! got test 2moro at 2.30. i was upset coz thought id have to wait ages but now ive got to go through all the nerves again! ive come into work and really dont want to be here.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wasn't nervous and I passed first time. *smug*. Glad I did too, too expensive to take it six times :P
vicky1985
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I wasn't nervous and I passed first time. *smug*. Glad I did too, too expensive to take it six times :P
was that message suposed to b 4 me?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No just being generally boastful and bigheaded to everyone :P. I'm sure there is a hidden message, like, if you believe in yourself you will pass first time! It's not hard but often peoples' nerves get the better of them!
barbiegirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i passed on 1st march, first time 2 minors........ i had a guy in back exaimining my examiner too which was scary...but i was nervous at first but as soon out test center it was fine the nicest drive ever.......i had bay parking and reverse round left corner........im soo happy but dont have a car yet
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads