MiaIsRad
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just some questions :
1.Is it hard?
2.Is it enjoyable?
3.Is it respected?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MiaIsRad)
Just some questions :
1.Is it hard?
2.Is it enjoyable?
3.Is it respected?
Moved this to the politics section in the hope you get a reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
MiaIsRad
Rep:
Oh shoot ): I didn't know they had sections!! I'm new to this! Apologies!
vis break
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Just some questions :
1.Is it hard?
2.Is it enjoyable?
3.Is it respected?
1. Having just finished AS myself, It's not very hard. There's two units in the AS, and 4 sub units within each.
In unit 1 its split into:
Democracy and participation (easy as f*ck)
Pressure groups (p*ss easy)
Electoral systems (confusing)
Political parties (I found it hardish, but many don't)
You get the choice of doing 2 out of the 4 mentioned above, so you can just revise for the easy ones, although it isn't recomended.

Unit 2 follows a similar structure, but you have to revise all four as you don't have a choice like in unit 1. But even then, I found all 4 to be easy.

2. I thought that politics was an extremely enjoyable subject, I loved keeping up to date with current affairs; scandals and stuff. Also my teacher is really funny, so that helped.

3. I'm not too sure on this, I heard from uni admin offices that it was, but then other people say it's not...so idk
MiaIsRad
Rep:
Thank you!^^
NikolaT
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thank you!^^
Please remember there are different exam boards for Government & Politics and they do not all follow the same structure! The topics are all similar across exam boards but I, for example, never learned 'democracy and participation' as a topic in itself. If you know which exam board you'll be on you can check out the specification and exam structure online.

Politics is very enjoyable... as long as you enjoy politics. If you don't like reading the news a lot, if you don't like a 'textbook subject' which is essay heavy, if you weren't all that bothered about the election this year then it'll be very difficult for you to enjoy it. But it is easier in that all you have to do is memorise a bunch of stuff.

Politics is respected as an academic subject. However it is more obviously useful for you in preparation for some university courses than others. It'll be less useful if you plan to apply for Chemistry, for example, than if you wanted to apply for Philosophy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads