Is there a worse country than Chad? Watch

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can't imagine anybody would want to visit?
K.C
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i don't know but i'm going to become a hermit in the desert so i can run away from women
KommunistCake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
Can't imagine anybody would want to visit that Saharan dump.
Somalia is certainly a contender, but I think the title of 'World's worst country' goes to North Korea.

Nowhere else on Earth will you find a nation lead by a despotic toolbag (his porcine majesty Kim Jong-Un) who's sole aim is to uphold his blood-bound hierarchy by purposely keeping his citizens in a state of terror.

Nowhere else on Earth will you find such violent hatred towards South Korea, the US, Japan & any other country that isn't either North Korea or China. The sheer amount of vitriolic propaganda spewed by the regime is staggering.

Words cannot describe how terrible the lives of ordinary North Korean citizens must be - forced to live in a despotic dictatorship that outlaws any freedoms of speech, religion, expression or even freedom of movement, whilst under constant surveillance from the authorities:

Say one bad thing about the regime in North Korea and its off to the concentration camps with you...
username1504459
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sahara's quite beautiful actually
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
Can't imagine anybody would want to visit that Saharan dump.
try Greece at the moment
Necrofantasia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KommunistCake)
tbh you don't know what it's like living in North Korea, the North Korean people could be blissfully unaware of how unlucky they are and therefore be happy
cambio wechsel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Necrofantasia)
tbh you don't know what it's like living in North Korea, the North Korean people could be blissfully unaware of how unlucky they are and therefore be happy
who wouldn't be happy to have won the last three world cups?
KommunistCake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Necrofantasia)
One way of finding out how life in the DPRK is so crap is to watch Vice News' 3 part series on North Korea - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4
TimGB
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, there are 3, according to the Human Development Index:

Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Niger

However, it is worth noting that there are 8 UN member states which are not included in the HDI due to lack of information, 3 of which I would consider possible candidates for being 'worse than Chad':

North Korea
Somalia
South Sudan

So, there are between 3 and 6 countries in the world that are worse than Chad.
Although you would be right in saying that Chad is one of the worst.

Source: http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/fi...icaltables.xls
whorace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TimGB)
Yes, there are 3, according to the Human Development Index:

Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Niger

However, it is worth noting that there are 8 UN member states which are not included in the HDI due to lack of information, 3 of which I would consider possible candidates for being 'worse than Chad':

North Korea
Somalia
South Sudan

So, there are between 3 and 6 countries in the world that are worse than Chad.
Although you would be right in saying that Chad is one of the worst.

Source: http://hdr.undp.org/sites/default/fi...icaltables.xls
Don't forget Syria, if the torture images that were released are true they (the government areas) are living among actual Nazis
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KommunistCake)
Somalia is certainly a contender, but I think the title of 'World's worst country' goes to North Korea.

Nowhere else on Earth will you find a nation lead by a despotic toolbag (his porcine majesty Kim Jong-Un) who's sole aim is to uphold his blood-bound hierarchy by purposely keeping his citizens in a state of terror.

Nowhere else on Earth will you find such violent hatred towards South Korea, the US, Japan & any other country that isn't either North Korea or China. The sheer amount of vitriolic propaganda spewed by the regime is staggering.

Words cannot describe how terrible the lives of ordinary North Korean citizens must be - forced to live in a despotic dictatorship that outlaws any freedoms of speech, religion, expression or even freedom of movement, whilst under constant surveillance from the authorities:

Say one bad thing about the regime in North Korea and its off to the concentration camps with you...
their camps make Auschwitz look like Center Parcs.
PrinceOfOrange
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The USA
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
The USA
you're funny
Bubzeh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are worse countries than Chad to visit.
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Syria would probably be worse.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Bubzeh)
There are worse countries than Chad to visit.
So elaborate Bruv!
TimGB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by whorace)
Don't forget Syria, if the torture images that were released are true they (the government areas) are living among actual Nazis
There are many countries in the world where awful things are done by those with power (Syria, Sudan, Eritrea etc.) but I was just looking at the statistics. Syria does rank rather low in the development index, but in the context of this question, statistically Chad is worse than Syria. However, you would be right in a human rights sense. Syria has the worst human rights risk in the world, while Chad doesn't even make it to the top ten. It's just that, considering other factors such as GDP per capita, life expectancy and years of education, Chad ends up worse off than Syria.

Human rights bottom 10: http://reliefweb.int/map/world/world...isk-index-2014
Bubzeh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congo.
Somalia.
Syria.

I'd say off the top of my head but then I've not lived in them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads