The Student Room Group

failing a module!

I've just finished my second year and I've failed 3 components in 3 different modules. I'm going to have to resit them and confident I will pass 2 but not so sure about the other one .does anyone know what happens if I fail a module in my 2nd year? Can I retake it, do I have to redo the whole year?
Original post by acpops
I've just finished my second year and I've failed 3 components in 3 different modules. I'm going to have to resit them and confident I will pass 2 but not so sure about the other one .does anyone know what happens if I fail a module in my 2nd year? Can I retake it, do I have to redo the whole year?

This will vary from uni to uni, therefore we can't offer specific advice for your situation.

If you contact your student support services then they'll be able to further help you. FWIW, generally you'd have to retake it alongside Year 3 to be able to progress - but might not be the same at your uni.
Reply 2
I go to UWE in bristol, in case that helps. Student union hasn't helped much..Thank you for the reply though, I do hope that that is the case and I can retake it in my 3rd year
Original post by acpops
I go to UWE in bristol, in case that helps. Student union hasn't helped much..Thank you for the reply though, I do hope that that is the case and I can retake it in my 3rd year

http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/academicadvice.aspx

Speak to these people, they're paid to help you. :smile:
Original post by acpops

You can pass three. Do everything you can to pass all three.

Find out what would happen just in case to put your mind at ease. Good luck
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
At my university you're allowed to fail 20 credits out of 120 in a year and still progress to the next year. This applies to every year but I think you don't graduate with honours if you fail more than 20 credits of your degree. It'll change depending on your university. It's worth asking your tutor (if you have one) or a lecturer.
Reply 6
Thank you all for the replies .you've been very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest