The Student Room Group

Good back up universities in clearing for Law??

I've just finished my a-level exams and have Russell Group universities as both my firm and insurance choices. However, I am absolutely terrified that I won't get in to either. There is only one grades difference between the both, and I'm terrified I'll end up in clearing, so I want to be prepared if it happens.

Obviously my options will depend on the grades I get, but assuming I get between BBB-BBC (if I get any less than that I'd probably retake my exams instead) does anyone have any suggestions of universities that are likely to be in clearing?

Thus far, I've thought of Bangor, Aberystwyth and Bournemouth.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks :smile:
Original post by lachachacha
I've just finished my a-level exams and have Russell Group universities as both my firm and insurance choices. However, I am absolutely terrified that I won't get in to either. There is only one grades difference between the both, and I'm terrified I'll end up in clearing, so I want to be prepared if it happens.

Obviously my options will depend on the grades I get, but assuming I get between BBB-BBC (if I get any less than that I'd probably retake my exams instead) does anyone have any suggestions of universities that are likely to be in clearing?

I wouldn't rule out trying any Russell Group universitities, at my RG uni, some people have BBB - Be prepared though, these places will all be taken by the end of the morning so act fast!

Liverpool is definitely your choice, usually they ask for ABB, but they are quite lenient on the results day. It entirely depends on how many people applied to them, but I've heard that even people with BBC and BCC could get into it.
Original post by tom the student
I wouldn't rule out trying any Russell Group universitities, at my RG uni, some people have BBB - Be prepared though, these places will all be taken by the end of the morning so act fast!

Which university is it, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by 0123456543210
Liverpool is definitely your choice, usually they ask for ABB, but they are quite lenient on the results day. It entirely depends on how many people applied to them, but I've heard that even people with BBC and BCC could get into it.

ahh Liverpool is my insurance choice! Hopefully they'll give me some leniency then ! :smile:
ahh Liverpool is my insurance choice! Hopefully they'll give me some leniency then ! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what AS grades have you got and which unis gave you an offer? It's just that I am stressed about my AS grades, predictions are great though.
Original post by 0123456543210
If you don't mind me asking, what AS grades have you got and which unis gave you an offer? It's just that I am stressed about my AS grades, predictions are great though.

I didn't do too well at AS; ABCC

I got predicted AAB and received offers from Sheffield (for Law with French Law so the offer was AAB) Royal Holloway, Liverpool and Cardiff.

I did get rejected from Bristol though despite having an excellent score on the LNAT :/
I didn't do too well at AS; ABCC

I got predicted AAB and received offers from Sheffield (for Law with French Law so the offer was AAB) Royal Holloway, Liverpool and Cardiff.

I did get rejected from Bristol though despite having an excellent score on the LNAT :/

Thanks, that was helpful. Good luck.

Hi!

Just saw your post about Clearing. First of all, don't panic! You can't change your grades now, so just relax. If you get the grades, that's fantastic, but if you don't then you'll still have plenty of options. You're right to do some research though and get yourself prepared. Lots of students go through Clearing and it's just another route to university.

As you mentioned Bournemouth, I thought you might like to subscribe for our Clearing updates. Also, if you think that you might be applying to us through Clearing, you could always come and visit us at our next Open Day on 4 July.

I hope that helps you a bit and good luck with your results. If you've got any questions at all, let me know.

Katie
Original post by tom the student

what uni do you go to if you dont mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending