The Student Room Group

Aqa comp3 help on project ideas.

I am currently having a really hard choice on what to pick for my A2 comp4 project, i have just finished my AS exams, and my college make you stay for another 6 weeks to start your A2 work, i was planning on coming up with an idea for my project over summer, and starting to prototype, but my teacher has said if i dont come up with an idea soon, they will asign me one. I had the idea of a partical based trajectory simulator using pyqtgraph, however another student is doign the exact same thing, so now im completely clueless ass to what to do?!.
I am using the programming language Python, and am open to learn how to use mysql with it, to make it database based.
Thanks for any ideas :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
It's Comp4.

Also, I'm wondering if you knew how you'd implement with a system like yours?
I made a Booking System for my Local Gym stating that it was a paper-based system and made a online booking system for it. Doesn't have to be too complicated. I got 68/75 which is an A*.
Generally. If your project contains complex maths you won't need a database. Though sticking one in if it's useful doesn't hurt!

I would say to ask if you can still do that idea. A lot of people have similar ideas, I don't think that there would be too much issue if you both do a similar project.

Failing that. A web-based database project is always nice. PHP is, at least in my opinion, the language of choice for web projects. But if you are confident with Python. You'll be able to use Python on the Django framework for web hosting.

Just try and fit things from the syllabus in wherever possible. Use regex on all your fields, normalise your database properly, and so on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending